1.25.2013

Baby Johnson: 20 Weeks

Week 20!  On the way down the hump now!  Just 18 more weeks to go! J  I’m super excited, I can hardly believe I’ve only got 18 weeks left!!  Baby girl is moving quite a bit lately, she’s not moving crazy, but more often than last week, every couple of hours or so she wakes up and starts moving around in there. 

Let’s get into the new stuff for this week.

  • On Monday, we were to get the results back from the quad screen that I had done the previous Monday.  I told you here that baby had a place on her heart that was a bit concerning (overwhelmingly for the mama) and we did this blood screen to make sure there were no chromosomal abnormalities.  Well, the results did indeed come back and there is a 1 in 5117 chance that baby has anything wrong, so THANK YOU for the prayers, I really appreciate it!  Mama about jumped for joy I was so happy that she is going to be ok. 
     
  • Sleep – that has been quite difficult this week.  Tuesday night was awful, I slept from around 10 to 3:30 then was up until 5:15, slept for a half hour, then had to get up and get ready for work.  It was a brutal day.  Exhausted.  Then Wednesday night I was up from 3-5 but did go back to sleep after that until the alarm.  Thank God I slept last night.  I still had to wake up to pee a couple of times, but thankfully I went right back to sleep each time.
  • I’ve had a couple of times this week where I’ve tried to move around like I didn’t have this belly in front of me and got up too fast, or tried to play with Cooper and have had some muscle pain in my lower abdomen.  I’ve got to realize that I am indeed pregnant and not everything is going to work the same as it did when I wasn’t!
  • It’s getting harder and harder for Cooper to sit on my lap when we read books before his bedtime.  Poor guy will probably not be able to sit on mama’s lap for too much longer, I’m sure we’ll find a way to cope somehow.
  • Cooper is still pretty excited about his baby sister.  One night this week when I was putting him to bed, he didn’t want to sing songs, he wanted to talk about Katy and where she’d sleep, her room, and anything else he could come up with.  He’s cute and I know he’s going to be such a good big brother!!
 
That’s about it for this week!  I thought I’d leave you with a progression collage, the belly grows…….

1 comment :

Shannon said...

Congrats on reaching the half way point!! That was always an exciting milestone :) Love the pictures!!

Shannon