1.24.2013

Pregnancy Favorites (first half)

Since I am nearly 20 weeks (tomorrow is 20 officially)  I wanted to write about a few of my favorite things so far during my pregnancy with Miss Kathryn Elisabeth.



1)      Cuties Mandarin Oranges.  I can probably eat these by the dozen, but I’m only allowing myself two at a time, and most times, Cooper helps me eat them because he too loves these things.  Sweet, no seeds and easy to peel, can it get any better??
2)      Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer.  I’m not sure if it’s the winter or pregnancy, but either way, my skin is SO dry and this has really helped on my face – it doesn’t cause me to break out any more than usual (although that does tend to happen more when I am pregnant), it’s not greasy, it’s perfect!
3)      Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.  Not Ben & Jerry’s specifically, just that flavor of ice cream.  I also love banana ice cream this time too, just not as much as CCCD.
4)      Sour Patch Kids.  I loved these back in high school but hadn’t eaten them much since except I craved them when pregnant with Cooper and I’ve been the same way during this pregnancy.  Weird.
5)      BabyCenter Iphone App.  I don’t check it daily, but I love on Fridays when I turn another week along, it tells me all about baby’s progress and I go ahead and look forward for the next week so that I don’t have to check it daily.  Nice and short summaries of activity with a checklist of things to accomplish during the week.
6)      Old Navy Maternity Jeans.  When I was pregnant with Cooper – I borrowed most of my maternity pants/jeans.  I only bought a couple of pairs for myself, and I hated them.  I decided to buy a couple of pairs this time because I knew I’d be wearing jeans most days to work during the winter, and these jeans are great!  They were way too long for me when I got them home, so my mom being the awesome one that she is, hemmed them for me, and now, they are the perfect length and oh so comfortable!
7)      Apples.  Specifically Honeycrisp apples.  I don’t recall ever having Honeycrisp apples until this fall, but they are wonderful.  If I cannot find this type, I opt for Gala.  Yum.
8)      Motherhood Maternity V-neck shirts with button embellishments – These are THE MOST comfortable maternity shirts!  When my blog BFF Holly sent me a couple of their maternity shirts as a gift around Christmastime, I discovered Motherhood Maternity.  I had to go into the store and check it out.  I promptly bought three of these shirts in different colors, and I LOVE!
 


I think that’s it for the first 20 weeks.  I feel like I’m centered around sweet stuff, at least 2 of the 4 food items are halfway decent for me…..  Now, let’s see what changes in the next 18-19 weeks!

Happy Thursday ladies!

1 comment :

Stephanie E said...

I just love ready about your pregnancy and all the things I get to look forward to someday!

And Lil' Cuties are pretty much the best thing ever, I agree.