3.05.2012

Tornadoes..... and Meal Plan Monday

This weekend was heartbreaking.  I'll tell the entire story some day later this week, but if you've heard the news this weekend, you've most likely heard about my hometown.  Henryville, IN.  It is where I was raised and was hit by at least two tornadoes on my Mom's birthday, one of them an F4.  The tornado hit within 50 feet of my grandma's house (where we were supposed to have my mom's party) so we didn't have the party.  I did get to be with my family on Saturday and we did celebrate my mom's birthday then - and I am thanking God every minute that my entire family made it through these tornadoes with their lives.  The destruction in and around the town of Henryville is awful.  I took a few pictures that I'll share later this week. 


 

Meal plan Monday is going to be short today, I don't have many links or pictures for you, because I've been pre-occupied with many other more important things.  But I did write out our meal plan last Friday and wanted to share.

We followed our meal plan pretty well last week, but as it happens, I planned too many meals!  So we’re going to incorporate a couple of those meals into this week, so I apologize for the duplicates, and where there are duplicates, please substitute something else in your plans.  Let’s take a look back at last week’s plan and I’ll explain.

Last week’s meal plan: 2/27-2012 – 3/02-2012
  • Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake  - Monday night.  This was pretty good.  Tim and I both enjoyed it.  It will go into our rotation, probably a monthly item, but not more often than that.
  • Sloppy Joes – Tim had this on Tuesday even though I didn’t end up having to be gone.  I had an omelet.
  • Stir Fry – Yummo, we had this on Wednesday.
  • 2x4 – This was Thursday night.  It’s a frequent meal for us and always a success.
  • Tacos – we didn’t end up having these, but we’re kind of tired of them, so we’re skipping them next week too.
  • Rosamarina Chicken (Chicken in the Wok) – Skipped this one and adding it to next week.
  • Grilled chicken with sautéed broccoli and mac and cheese – We didn’t have this either, it’s also being added to next week.
The problem with last week is that we went out of town on Friday after work.  I had forgotten we were going to do this when meal planning.  My Mom’s birthday was Friday, so we went to visit her on Friday night (finally got to see her after the waiting and re-routing) and came back Saturday night.  So that took at least two dinner meals off of our need list, and possibly all 3 if I had made lunch on Saturday…...

Here is next week’s plan:  3/5/2012 – 3/9/2012
·         Grilled chicken with sautéed broccoli and mac and cheese
·         Hamburgers/French Fries & green beans
·         Chili (McCormick's seasoning packets and follow the directions exactly)
·         Pork chops, sautéed brussels sprouts and corn
·         White Chicken Chili (I buy the McCormick's white chicken chili seasoning packets and follow the directions exactly then add a can of rotel)

It’s a pretty easy week, nothing complicated here, and that’s the way I like it!  We won’t be home on Wednesday, we have plans already so at least one of the meals above will probably be scratched from the list come next week.  Oh well, at least we’ve got choices, right??? 

Enjoy your week!

2 comments :

Holly said...

I'm the exact opposite-- I don't plan enough meals.

But boy oh boy does that 2x4 soup sound good. I love anything with Rotel. :)

And I am so happy to hear that your family is fine. I'll be on the look out for pictures. Hopefully they get enough assistance in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to hear that your family is fine. We went through major tornadoes several years ago and it's NO fun. You just go down the streets (or where you can get through!) and your mouth is open the entire time.

Thoughts and prayers for the families there and throughout the other affected homes.