3.09.2012

20.9 lbs Weight Loss

I've done it, the first 20 lbs are gone, and hopefully for good!  I realized after I was looking back through the pictures I took for my original photo down to the latest photos that I've taken, that I didn't give myself (or you) the best view of me, a full body shot.  I regret this.  I also regret not taking measurements before I started this journey to weight loss and better health.  I cannot turn back the clock, nor do I want to, so this is what you'll get for now.  I will *try* to take measurements this weekend so that I can know how I do going forward. 

I weigh in on Thursdays, right before lunch.  My employer has a fitness center and a scale down there that gets calibrated every few days by NIFS experts, (we have two NIFS experts in the building) and I trust this scale more than the one I have at home.  So, when I went in to weigh last week, I was anxiously hoping that I had hit the 20 lb mark.  I was nervous to get on that scale, but once I did it, I was thrilled!  I had hit 20, plus almost another full pound!  YAY!

Yesterday as an FYI, I hit 23.2 lbs weight loss total.  If you want to track my progress, look in the top right hand corner of my blog and I update this weekly.  So as to not waste anymore of your precious time, here is the January 5th picture and the March 5th picture. 

I cannot really tell much of a difference in the pictures here, but I feel it in my clothing.  My pants are getting way too big and I can finally fit into some of the pants that I wore before I got pregnant with Cooper.  That in itself is a victory! :)

I am continuing weight watchers and I now have a points plus allowance of 31 per day.  I walk an hour per day and I am thinking of starting some upper body exercises soon.  I plan on beginning some sort of running program in the near future as well.  We'll see how that goes.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment :

Holly said...

Your arms are half the size! Seriously. And your face? Oh my gosh, Emily, what a big difference! You have to feel so proud of yourself!! Way to go, lady!