3.28.2012

Slacker & Potty Training

I definitely think I need to be going 24 hours to get anything accomplished......


Yup that's what I said.   Slacker.  That's what I feel like most days.  I get up, get dressed, haul my tired self downstairs to pack my lunch, get my gym bag, my work bag, my lunch and my purse and load up the car.  Back into the house to wake up the sleeping child.  Most days he's ok with getting up.  Some days he's not.  Others, he's so darn funny I could just skip it all and stay home with him.  Like yesterday.  But back to that in a minute.  I get him all ready and we head downstairs to grab his breakfast and his daddy and we get in the car and head to work.


We drop him off, go to the fitness center at work, do our fitness thing, get ready then go to work.  Do the work thing, head home, get dinner, play with Cooper, get him to bed and then I've got to get back on that treadmill and finish out the night.  Then I'm pooped.  Absolutely spent.  Ready for some r&r.  So, the slacking comes into play on my house.  My bills.  My preparing dinner for the next day.  My laundry.  Anything and everything except the things you've read.  I just plop down on the couch and do nothing until bedtime.  I need that time to wind down, but there are other things in my life that need attention too.  How do people do it all???  There are only 24 hours in a day and I need more!!!  That's my slacker story and I'm sticking to it.


Back to yesterday's story now.


Yesterday the boy got up ok when Tim went in to get him, and I promptly went upstairs to start our routine of going potty in the big boy potty, and when he was finished, we'd get a quarter for his piggy bank.  This kid has really started to fill that bank, it's exciting.  Well, just as he's about to "feed his piggy" he starts peeing.  All.Over.The.Floor.  He had just gone pee!!!  Why oh why did he feel the need to pee again?  And on his carpet???  Goodness.  So, like any good mommy would do, we had a little talk about not peeing on the floor, we cleaned up the mess and hurried to get him ready as this made us more than a little late.


Tomorrow and Friday I am off work.  We are going to work on Potty Training 101 this weekend.  I'm staying home the first two days, we'll be home together this weekend, then Tim's got Monday's and Tuesday's shifts to get the boy on that potty regularly.  I'm hoping this will do it, but if not, if he cannot figure it out, we'll simply give him a few more months then try again.  Anyone have any helpful tips for me???


Stick a fork in me, I'm done with the random post for today.  Have a great Wednesday, I know I will, it's my FRIDAY :)

1 comment :

Holly said...

You do not sound like a slacker AT ALL!! You sound very busy and motivated. :)

And I think your potty-training plan is perfect. Throw him in some little boy undies; you'll have a 87 accidents the first few days, then he'll get the hint.

It's how Chris got Haven trained. I pushed his 10lb butt out, so Chris got the potty training responsibilities. :)