3.26.2012

Meal Plan Monday

    meal plan monday
Well, another Monday and that means another meal plan.  I must admit, I’m getting tired of it.  I’m 10 or 11 weeks into this, and it’s getting really boring.  I even posted about it on Facebook.  Look how desperate I was!  Hopefully I’ll get some feedback and have something new and excited next week.  (here’s to hoping anyway)
image

Well, lets wrap up last week then I’ll get onto this week.
Meal Plan 3/19 – 3/23:
  • Southwest Chicken Chili Mac from Picky PalateI made it, it was okay, but nothing we’ll make again.  We weighed the recipe when I was finished making it, and it had 1 point per ounce.  So, it was really low in points, but still not good enough for me to make again.  Just my two cents.
  • Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake from Picky Palate (I substituted two 12 oz cans of chicken for the 2 1/2 cups chicken breast) I REALLY liked this.  It had 7 points for 1/8 of the recipe.  We’ll definitely do this one again.
  • Pork stir fry – We didn’t do this one, so it’s moving on to this week.
  • Lasagna Roll ups by Dashing Dish – these were in the freezer ready for us, so that was the easiest meal all week, and we still love them!
  • Tuna Salad Sandwiches (tuna, light miracle whip, dill pickles, boiled eggs) we had these on Saturday afternoon.  I couldn’t calculate points exactly, but I estimate 2 points for 1/3 cup.  I used 6 cans of tuna, and 10 tablespoons for mayo, 4 boiled eggs and lots of dill pickles that are 0 WW points.
  • Grilled Chicken with parmesan broccoli risotto We didn’t have this either.  But I really want to try the risotto, so it’s moving on to this week.
The night that we didn’t eat our meal we had pizza.  it’s our downfall.  The NCAA games were on and we just decided pizza sounded good.  
Now, this week.  I haven’t grocery shopped yet, but I’ve got the meal plan all figured out anyway.  Here we go.
Meal Plan 3/26 -  3/31
I haven’t tried Mama Laughlin’s recipes before, but they look delicious and they are low in points from what I’ve calculated.  I’ll tell more about the points next week after I’ve made them.
Have a wonderful week and happy meal planning!!!



1 comment :

Holly said...

I bought the stuff for the Dorito Bake this weekend. I'm hoping Chris likes it... I'm doing 1/2 meat and 1/2 extra cheese.

And pizza is our downfall, too. That's ok because you're almost down 30lbs!!