3.23.2012

PW Fail..... =(

Well, I didn't get to meet her, the line was longer than I ever could have imagined.  I was in the very last line, at the beginning of it, but still, there were probably a thousand people in front of me, and I just couldn't do it. 

I do love me some Pioneer Woman, but I just don't love her enough to sacrifice 5+ hours of my life or an entire evening with my hubby and my son.  When I got there, I thought I had a pretty good place in line, there were three lines outside, and I was in the third, but at the beginning.  THEN someome told me there were just as many people inside as there were outside.  Except, they didn't tell me this until I had already stood in line for an hour and a half.  I hadn't moved.  Not one inch...... So that made me feel like I only had one thing to do, and that was high tail it out of there and head home to my boys.

I did go into the store to look at her, watch her sign a couple of books for other people.  I was jealous, but I got over it quickly.  I figured it just wasn't meant to be.  I took some crappy iPhone pictures. 

One thing might have been able to make me stand in that line longer - a buddy.  Then we could have taken turns standing if one of us had to go to the restroom or if someone needed a break, and I would have had someone to share the experience with and talk to throughout the line standing.  I only have a couple of IRL friends who actually know who the PW is, and they couldn't make it yesterday.  One co-worker went, but he got there 20-25 min ahead of me and so he was up closer in line.  He also bailed when I told him about the line inside the store...  I am disappointed, but I'm getting over it quickly, at least I got to see her, right?



And that's as close as I got....  Oh well, maybe some time in the future, and if not, that'll be ok too. 

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment :

Holly said...

Bummer! I don't blame you at all. There is no way I could have stayed in line that long, especially on a week night.

When I met her last year, I met a blog friend for the first time. We chatted for a few hours and it made the time go by quickly. I also think PW has become uber popular just within the last year, so there wasn't as many people.

I'm so happy that you at least got a few shots. Were you able to listen to the QA before the photos?