3.19.2012

Meal Plan Monday


Happy Monday folks!  How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?  Cooper and I visited my family in Southern Indiana, and we had a great time.  We celebrated my grandma’s birthday on Sunday and it was so good to see all of my family and celebrate another year with my grandma.  I am so blessed to have her in my life!

I did some meal planning over the last week/weekend.  I was fortunate enough to read through Picky Palate’s website last week and decided to try not one, but two new recipes for next week.  If I haven’t mentioned it before, it is my goal to add in one new recipe every week so that we can discover new favorites to add to our normal list of go to meals.

Here’s our wrap up of last week.  

Last week’s meal plan: 3/12/2012 – 3/16/2012
  • Noodleables (I made it vegetarian)
  • Biggest Loser Individual Sausage-Rigatoni Bake (I took this recipe for 1 serving and multiplied by 6 and came up with an 11x13 pan of this delicious casserole.  I did make a few substitutions.  I used ground turkey instead of pork, and I only used 16 oz instead of the called for 18.  I didn’t use parmesan, I spread two cups of mozzarella on top before I baked.  This made 8 large servings at 9 weight watchers points plus per serving, Husband LOVED this, he really thought that it tasted like Italian sausage and not turkey)
  • Spaghetti (Ground turkey with a jar of spaghetti sauce and some spices & thin spaghetti noodles)
  • Pizza (Papa John’s cheese)
  • Individual Chicken Pot Pies
We did awesome. Only thing we didn’t do was the Pizza. We had fish sandwiches from a local restaurant instead.
And now, the plan for next week 3/19 – 3/23:
  • Southwest Chicken Chili Mac from Picky Palate (I will substitute I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light for the olive oil, a 12 oz can of chicken breast for the 2 cups of shredded chicken, I’ll have to calc points when I make it)

  • Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake from Picky Palate (I’ll substitute another 12 oz can of chicken for the 2 1/2 cups chicken breast, we won’t include olives because I don’t like them, and I’ll use low fat cheddar cheese)

  • Pork stir fry – same stir fry package as before from Sam’s club with 12-16 oz of pork loin sliced into small slices.

  • Lasagna Roll ups by Dashing Dish  I just love Katie’s recipes.  She is one of my all time favorite skinny recipe creators.  AND, she’s about to go full time!  Congrats Katie!  Ok.  These bad boys have 6 points plus per roll and are absolutely delicious.  I use ground turkey instead of ground chicken.

  • Tuna Salad Sandwiches (tuna, light miracle whip, dill pickles, boiled eggs)with homemade potato chips and salad (I haven’t made tuna since starting weight watchers, so I’ll have to get back with you on points for this also.

  • Grilled Chicken with parmesan broccoli risotto (I will skinny the broccoli risotto recipe up somehow, I’ve never made it before, but it sounds yummy to me!)

I’ll be sure to add the weight watcher points next week after I’ve calculate them!

Happy meal planning and have a great week!

1 comment :

Holly said...

Emily, I love your weighloss ticker on the left hand side. Is Tim doing WW, too? I'm going to check out the link for the chicken chilli mac-- That sounds right up Chris' alley!

Happy Monday!