2.22.2011

Top Two Tuesday




Today over with Taylor, is Top 2 Tuesday, things you've learned from parents or grandparents!

I have the best parents and grandparents a girl can have and I've learned so much, so only choosing two things is going to be difficult!

First here are a couple of pictures!  These are of my parents and grandparents! 


 
My Mom, Me, Grandma (Mom's Mom) and Cooper!
My Dad, Me, Grandpa (Dad's Dad), Grandma & Cooper!

I never knew my Dad's mom, and my Mom's dad passed when I was a senior in high school.  I miss him very much and wish that I could have met my Grandma Smith, but Kieran has been a great grandmother to me for most of my life and I am thankful for her and that I've had so much time with all of my grandparents!  Now onto what I've learned!
 
1) From my parents:  Respect, Consideration, and Love.  I know I'm cheating, three things in one, but I just cannot help it.  These are things that my folks really taught me and I appreciate having learned them.  Respect is something that seems to be missing in this world along with consideration of other people.  I think that when we consider how others feel, thing, etc it can make a great impact on our lives.  Finally LOVE.  I have been so fortunate to have been taught love by parents who love me to pieces!  I can only hope to pass this along to my child!
 
2) From my grandparents:  Hard work, Dedication, BEING SPOILED, and Patiotism.  Both of my grandpa's were the two most hard working people I have ever met.  My Grandpa Smith never quits, never slows down and is amazing to me!  My grandparents also taught me dedication.  Mostly to IU basketball as they are all GIANT fans, but also to anything I commit to, we must be dedicated to something to make it happen.  Lastly, patriotism.  My Grandpa Heil was a soldier and taught all of us grandchildren how important being a supporter of the USA.   I learned the art of being spoiled by my grandma.  She always knew what to do to make us grandkids completely spoiled rotten and I think that's a job meant for grandmothers! 
 
I just love this TTT and cannot wait to read about your top things that you learned from your parents or grandparents!!
 
Have a great day!

2 comments :

Tiff said...

Love the being spoiled! I think that is in the job description for being a grandparent!

Michelle said...

What great list! And I agreed with the spoiling part too!