2.06.2011

My weekend

This weekend really was a big blur.....

Friday Night:  We drove south to stay at my mom's for the night, arrived just before 7 and sat down for dinner.  After that, It was time to put the Coop man down to sleep for the night.  The adults decided to settle down with some reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, then off to bed for us!

Saturday:  My mom stayed up with Cooper when he woke up at 7am, (THANKS MAMA!) and she let me sleep!  UNTIL 9AM, I haven't done that in a long time.  I got showered, then Tim did, and we played with the little one for awhile.  Around 10:30, we ordered pizzas for the party that was about to start at noon.  My Aunt Sheila's birthday!  YAY!  There were about 20 adults, 8 children and we all had a great time!  I haven't had time to look at the pictures yet, but I'll post a few in my project 365 page in the next day or two.  After the party we packed up and headed back to Indianapolis.  Where we came back to 5+ INCHES OF SNOW!  That was on top of the 2-3 inches of ice remaining everywhere.  We barely made it up our driveway, and I had to snowblow in order for the van to make it into the driveway.  While I was at it, I snow blowed two of the neighbor's driveways and then unloaded the van while Tim watched the kiddo.  Other than my 4-5 falls on my face on the ice, it was a great release of pressure.  I knew you were wondering why I the lady of the house was doing all of this snow digging while my husband was in watching the baby.  BECAUSE I SO SO SO ENJOY IT!!!  After that we all played together until time for Cooper to go to sleep.

Sunday:  My dad and his ladyfriend Gwen made a trip up to visit.  We went to lunch and had a couple of stops on the way home.  Then home to enjoy some of the delicious chocolate chip cookies that I made this morning!  Cooper took a short nap and then dad and Gwen had to head home because it was already 5:30 and they had a 2+ hour drive!  We played with Cooper and then he had some dinner and hit the sack.  I walked on the treadmill, Tim and I are watching the Superbowl, (me only halfway), and then Tim went to try to break through some of the ice..... It's been a nightmare.  I'm hoping to hit the sack by 10:30, I'm EXHAUSTED.  It's been a LOOOOONG short weekend.  Anyone ever feel like that???  I need a day off from my days off!

Happy Superbowl Sunday, enjoy the rest of the game! 


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have felt like that!

But sounds like a great trip tho!

Diane Birdwell said...

Hey! Thank YOU for plowing our driveway...I've said it a million times, and I'll keep on sayin' it...I love our neighbors!