10.15.2012

Meal Plan Monday

Good Morning Friends!  I’ve been slacking on Mondays lately and haven’t been sharing our meal plans.  It’s not because I don’t want to share with you, it’s because I’ve been so completely lazy, I don’t know what to do about myself!

So – our meal plan this week is mostly simple things – because I am really not liking spending oodles of time in the kitchen in the evenings, I’d rather spend it playing with Cooper.  It gets dark so darn early that I don’t want to waste the daylight playing outside with him.  Plus, its going to be winter soon enough, and outside play will be greatly limited.  BOO! 

So, in no particular order:
 
·         Lemon & Garlic DUMP Chicken (this was made during my freezer cooking session with Shannon and we’re just getting around to making this one) – we’ll have a rice side dish and some broccoli – maybe a salad thrown in there too.
·         Salmon with pearl couscous and green beans
·         Harry & David soup mix with grilled cheese (We love these Harry & David soup mixes, we buy them from the Harry & David outlet store, and most of them only require a couple of ingredients that lead to a delicious soup!)
·         Shannon’s Mini Meat Loaves (ground turkey) with baked potatoes and salad  (recipe coming for mini meatloaves, we made these during our freezer cooking day also)
·         Spaghetti with meat sauce and salad (ground turkey)
 
And, that’s it!  Simple, easy dinner week!  What’s on your meal plan for this week?

2 comments :

Kate said...

I hear you on not wanting to spend a lot of time cooking as the daylight dwindles! It always feels way later than it really is this time of year and so ANY task that takes away from my free time makes me cranky. :)

We're planning on making "tuney buns" (tuna, hard-boiled eggs, green olives, and cheese on hamburger buns--I'm afraid to tally up the points, but my husband loves 'em and we haven't made them for like two years), spaghetti (spaghetti squash and ground turkey), veggie omelets, and hamburgers with cucumbers and cottage cheese. Easiest meals I could think of!

Holly said...

I was getting ready to comment on the turkey loaves... and then I saw Kate's comment. Chris would love me forever if I made her "tuney buns."

And I don't blame you on not wanting to cook! In fact, I just talked myself out of it tonight. :)