10.10.2012

Cooper's Circus Party Decorations

Today, I’ll share with you the decorations pictures.  I worked my rear off on these decorations, so I really hope this post turns out so that you can see them.  

Front Room Decorations
These decorations were pretty easy – and there weren’t too many of them.  Pulled Cooper’s cirus tent down from his playroom, put the bean bag toss out that I purchased,  and put some party hats, clown noses, huge clown sunglasses and punch balloons out for the kids and adults to wear/play with.
Hallway Decorations
Hallway – I put these circus subway art and sparkly stars up on each door in our hallway – since we have four doors – I wanted to give them a little “something.”
Living Room Decorations
I put a “Happy Birthday Cooper”pennant banner above our loveseat, and put alternating white and red streamers to the middle of the ceiling with balloons in the middle.  The kiddos treat bags were on the TV stand, along with their circus animal crackers.  That blue and white board to the left of the TV is that clown that is to the right.  We cut the head out – and the kids (some of them) stood and put their faces in for a picture.
Kitchen Decorations
I put some balloons up on the light fixtures another happy birthday banner above the sliding glass doors, and you can see the overall kitchen in the first picture, then the cake!  My mom and Shawn made that cake, isn’t it adorable?  Of course it was inspired by Pinterest, but they did a spectacular job of recreating the cake!!  I dipped some pretzel rods in different colored sugars, and then we had cake pops that hubby and I made and individually wrapped.  Then of course, popcorn and peanuts!  Circus food at it’s finest.  We had lunch too, but it wasn’t as circus inspired, so I didn’t take pictures.

Well, those are the decorations!  Tomorrow I hope to post pictures of the actual party time.  So, what do you think of the decorations?  Does everyone else spend an entire week getting ready for their kids’ birthday parties?  This party wore me out, I’m not sure I’ll be going this crazy next year, we’ll see!

7 comments :

Shelli said...

Your decorations were adrorable. Love the cake! How much time did that take you?!?

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Well. Well. Well. If that isn't the cutest party every. I love the theme and that cake is phenomenal. So awesome.

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! That's amazing. I love that you served the circus snacks in paper cones--and you gave out circus animals. How adorable!

What an awesome mom!

Unknown said...

That cake is amazing! Your family room worked perfect since it was already red. Everything is soo cute! Good work and Happy Birthday to Cooper!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks amazing! Looks like it took lots of time and PATIENCE!!

Holly said...

Mom of the Year!! I don't know what I love more the bunting flag banner or the cake your mom made. Cooper is a lucky little boy!!

Lindsey said...

Very cute! Love the cake!