5.06.2012

May Already?

Wow, cannot believe it's the fifth month of the year already.  How does this happen?  How do two Mondays go by without a meal plan??? Tomorrow will be 3, cause I didn't do one this week!?!?!?  Why does time pass us so quickly.  It's time to wake up and smell the roses people.  Time to cherish some of these moments. 

I've been in a lull lately.  So much on my mind, but nothing I really wanted to talk about at the time.  To sum it up it's this:  Time is precious.  It passes quickly and it's time to treasure each moment.  Last week, while at work, I was reminded of a co-worker that passed away about a year and a half ago.  Our email system at work sends "receipts" upon messages being read or deleted without being read.  I got three last week from "Mark." (names changed)  Why now?  He had been gone so long, why all of the sudden was I getting these receipts?  It really made me think.   He was a fun guy to be around, almost always entertaining someone.  When he died it affected so many of us at work.  He was young, in his early 40s.  I'm still not sure why I got those receipts, but it was almost like a message from "Mark" to really live each moment and soak up life. 

I've been trying to focus less on stuff and more on people.  People are what matter.  I've been diligent about getting to the gym each weekday, trying to make myself healtier with food and exercise so that I can more fully enjoy this life that God has given me. 

Moving on....  We've been a busy family.  I've been a neglectful blogger, but busy-ness has been pre-occupying my time.  Tim has been umpiring baseball games 6 days a week, I've been trying to keep up with Cooper and the house and work and getting ready for Stephanie's baby shower and this and that and whatever else comes up.

Meal Plans. I've got the last two weeks worth, I'll try to get a post up about them just to keep up with them for myself.

Cooper - that little stinker is getting so big.  He's so focused on playing baseball - obsessed with playing it on the trampoline and is just a cutie pie.  We have lots of fun.  I'm currently trying to get him to try new foods.  It's time for this little guy to stop being such a picky eater.  Last week I got him to eat green beans again.  Last night he ate some turkey sausage.  I'm making progress, slowly but surely. 

Tim - busy bee husband.  Like I said, umpiring games 6 days a week - sometimes multiple games on the weekend days.  We miss him, but we make the most of the time that we've had together - Cooper is loving playing baseball with his daddy and I just really enjoy any time we have together - life is busy and even though we work at the same place, we see very little of one another due to our schedules.

Andrew - he's almost done with his sophomore year at college!  Friday is his last day of school for this year, he'll be home for summer break after that and we'll be glad to see him.  He had a birthday last weekend, we didn't get to celebrate with him yet, but he's the big 2*0 now.  Happy Birthday Andrew!

Steph & Ryan - We're so excited for them, they found a house, made and offer and it got accepted.  They are scheduled to close on May 24th.  Like I mentioned above, we had Steph's baby shower this past weekend.  Kampbell is due in early July.  Ryan is going to start a new college next semester.  These kiddos have a lot going on - and they're keeping their priorities in line.

Me - Goodness, there's always something going on in our lives.  I'm constantly going it seems.  My days start at 6 lately. Packing my lunch and heading for the door.  Hitting the gym, work, picking up Coop and running errands or heading home to play, clean, laundry, and whatever else comes up!  Lately, I've been working on getting things ready for the baby shower, and normal life is keeping me busy busy busy.

I am hoping since the shower is over that I'll get back to blogging a bit this week, I'm hoping to do a post this week about the shower and some more too, I've missed this blogging thing!!!

Have a great week!

2 comments :

Holly said...

It looks like your busy losing weight!

May is such a busy month, isn't it! I hope things slow down for you soon. I can't wait to see pictures of Stephanie's baby shower!

Happy Monday!

Lori said...

My goodness you are one busy lady! Please share your meal planning.. I need to start doing this :)

New follower, please stop on by:
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/