5.17.2012

Blessings & Things


Well ya'll, I really wanted to post yesterday as a WILW - but I got preoccupied and so today, I'm going to share with you things I'm loving this week, and a couple of people that I am so fortunate to have in my life. 

First the things.

This rose.  Stephanie got this for me for mother's day.  It's huge and gorgeous.  Please ignore the mess you see surrounding the rose, just focus on it's beauty.



This awesome food processor.  Oh goodness, if I had known how awesome food processors were, I would never have waited this long to have purchased one.  Whatever was I thinking when I thought I needed a blender?  No way, this thing can do everything a blender can do and MORE.  In lust with this thing girls, it's super cool and if I could take it with me everywhere, I just might.....  Again, please ignore the mess and focus on the food processor, thank ya!


Hummus.  Wow, what have I been missing all my life?!?!  This is my latest food addiction.  Roasted redpepper hummus.  I bought the kind below, then I made my own this week, both equally amazing.  Its delicious with carrots, crackers, chips, and just by the spoonful.  Yummo folks....


Now onto some really important folks who have been huge blessings in my life..... My best girlfriend Erica.  This lady is amazing and she is ALWAYS there for me whenever I need her.  She's funny, a weird music lover (we have completely opposite likes in music), fun, crazy girl who can cheer me up anytime I'm feeling blue.  Oh, and she's a great auntie to my Cooper.  She even lets the boy play her guitar.


Then there's this lady.  My Stephanie.  She's become so special to me in these 4 years that I've known her.  I love her like my own daughter and I am so proud of her.  She is a wonderful daughter, sister and friend.  She's such a good person and most importantly, she loves the Lord.  Soon Steph will be moving (about 30 min away) and I know we won't see her as much, and this saddens me, but I know the times we will see her will be more appreciated.  She's going to be a great mommy and I cannot wait to see her in that role come July! :) 

I'm blessed by these people, and I love these things.... I am thankful this Thursday..... How about you?

2 comments :

Holly said...

Great post, Emily. I haven't tried hummus before, I don't know why. Maybe now I'll pick som up this week... Carrots? Really?

Kelsey Claire said...

You discovered alot of amazing things. I love my food processor and I love hummus with carrots as well.If you like spicy you have to try the spicy sabra hummus. You will thank me.