5.23.2012

Monkey Joe's for Max's 3rd Birthday


I love birthdays.  I love holidays.  I love celebrations.  Anything to spend time not at work and with those that I love is awesome to me.  So when Cooper’s friend Max invited him to Monkey Joe’s to celebrate his third birthday, we said yes without hesitation. 

Max’s mom, Jill, works with Tim and me.  Max and Cooper are roughly 4 months apart in age.  Max and Cooper go to the same babysitter (at least until August).  They are great buddies.  Max is super cute when he calls Cooper “Coopy” and Cooper is pretty darn cute when he tries to say Max.  He isn’t great with those x’s yet. 

Monday was the big day.  We were going to pick the boys up early and head to Monkey Joe’s for a bounce house playdate.  My, oh my, did those boys have fun!  I cannot wait to take them back there together again. 

Since Max is older, wiser, and more adventurous than Cooper, he taught Cooper how to be a bit more independent  on the bounce house slides – which was great for Tim and me, because we didn’t have to carry him up those stairs this time!  Score!

We stayed for about an hour and a half, just enough time to wear those little legs out!  I’ve got tons of pictures, so bear with me as I inundate you with them now….



The first bounce we call the "warm up zone" because it's for toddlers and it's filled with lots of fun animals.  dinosaurs, alligators, lobsters and other fun creatures.  They stayed in there about 2 minutes before moving on.






 Like I said, about 2 minutes...  Next was one that had two slides and some tunnels.  Tim and Jason (Max's dad) went in with the boys.  Cooper was pretty hesitant at first, but once he warmed up, it was all fun and games from there. 




Tim carried Cooper up the first slide.  After that, he did those stairs himself.  I wasn't about to fall carrying him this time, he's getting too big for that!!  Look at that Max, he's so patient waiting climbing those stairs so slowly so that Tim can get Cooper up there...



 They finally got up there!




Two seconds later they were down again!




Looks like Tim had just as much fun as Cooper to me.




Then it was my turn.  Please ignore my crazy eyes, I get this way when  excited. 




Cooper's first time down the slides all by himself.  He looks a tad bit scared.




We knew everything was okay when he got off that slide with this face.




There they go again.  Look at those little legs making those giant steps!




How cute is this guy?  He was a happy camper after his plunge downward!




They finally moved onto the next bounce house, this one looked like a pirate ship on the outside and had a treasure chest and sail column inside.  The slide though, looks like all the rest.  This one wasn't as tall, and they both seemed to enjoy it just as well.




Jill was the first adult to try this slide out.  I think she slid right into that sail column, and then the rest of us did too....




Tim's face right before he hit that column!




My turn!  Oh, and Cooper went with me too!  We held hands as we went down. :)



Back to the warm up zone for a little break!  And time to tackle some animals. 



Moving right along to yet another...  Look at that happy face.


On this one, they "fought" each other with these posts.  They did a lot of falling all over one another.


Then, it was time to get ready to go.  Someone was showing how much fun they had.... And someone was not too happy it was time to go home.  Can you tell which is which?  HMMMMMM.....



One last thing before we left.  Max's present!  We got him a bubble bucket and a huge thing of bubbles.  If you've got a small child and they like bubbles, I highly recommend these bubble buckets.  They don't let the bubbles spill if the bucket is tipped over.  The only way I've gotten them tll is by turning the bucket completely over for 30+ seconds.  Whoever created this thing was a genius!


Woah, I told you I had a lot of pictures!  If you made it this far, you deserve a medal!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!


1 comment :

Holly said...

Emily, the pictures of Cooper are cute and all... But dang!! The one of younat the top of the slide? You look so skinny!!! :)