5.18.2012

Progress Report: 2012 Goals

I posted at the beginning of the year about having goals for this year.  And since it’s nearly the 6th month of the year, I want to do a check in on these goals.  So here goes….

{1}  Lose Weight & Get Healthy.  – The day I wrote that this was a goal for 2012, I had no idea what that would entail for me.  I knew I was starting Weight Watchers.  I knew I wanted to start exercising again.  But, I had no idea what that really meant at the time.  Now, I do.  I’ve lost 33.9 pounds since January 1, 2012.  I exercise at least 5 days per week, a lot of weeks I exercise 6 days.  I mostly just walk, around 4mph and I do it normally for an hour, but sometimes I do the elliptical and sometimes I bicycle and sometimes I jog.  I really miss days when I don’t exercise.  But I know my body needs rest, so I take some breaks.  Today, I will probably not exercise at all.  My foot is still hurting.  Same pain from before.  I’ve had 3 cortisone injections which didn’t work, and so now I’m having the nerve in my foot deadened.  This procedure is done with an alcohol based solution and I have injections done weekly for 7 weeks (to start) to deadened the nerve and stop my pain.  This week is week 2, injection #2 today.  So back to the goal.  I’m losing weight and I’m getting healthier.  I’m doing pretty good with this goal.

{2} Get Pregnant. – While this goal was not a goal just for 2012, it is still a goal.  I am still not pregnant, but I know this will come on God’s schedule, and his schedule is much better than mine.

{3} Get more involved in our church.  – I’ve done great with this goal so far too.  I’ve started working at the children’s welcome desk one Sunday per month.  This was a year commitment and I’m glad I signed up.  I still plan to get us into a membership class – hopefully the one that’s in July or August. 

{4} Read the Bible from cover to cover in 2012.  – Kiss this goal goodbye for another year.  I stopped reading daily back in late January.  Something came up one night while I was reading and I never finished.  Then I didn’t get back to it like I should have.  This is still something that I plan to do, just probably not in 2012.

I’m going to add one more in for 2012.

{5} Run a 5k race. – I have never done a race competitely – I’ve only done the Race for the Cure type races, and even though I won’t care about how well I do compared to others, I want to do one of these races.  I’m pretty sure I’ve talked Tim into doing one with me, and I’ve got my eye on this one.  I have a few more days to sign up for the early bird special and I plan on doing this.  I started the couch to 5k program last night, and I thought it was definitely do-able.  Since I’ve been walking and hour nearly every day, these 30 min couch to 5k days aren’t too bad.  The first time I did day 1 – back in 2011 – I thought I was going to die, and last night, I could have done a complete repeat of day 1 after I finished.  I feel good about that.

How are your 2012 goals/resolutions going?  I’d love to know if I’m the only one with 50% at this point in the year, lol.

Have a nice weekend folks!

1 comment :

Holly said...

Your foot injections sound so painful. I think you're doing the right thing by giving your body a break when it needs it.

You've totally rocked the weight loss goal... And I know you'll do the same for the 5k.

Then when you get really skinny, God will have a sense of humor, and you'll get pregnant. :) *fingers crossed* Stephanie's baby girl needs a playmate.

Happy Friday!!