5.14.2012

Meal Plan Monday


So I’ve been slacking, right??  The main reason is this:  Tim is umpiring 6 days a week.  Last week he did 9 games in those 6 days.  It makes life busy even if I’m not the one doing the umpiring.  I have the 6 days/week single parenting thing just about down pat, yet, it leaves me with about zero time to get anything else done except play with Cooper.  Which is A-OK with me, this blog is just going to have to suffer a bit.  Everyone out there in blogland will just have to understand, ok?  Good.

Now, I’ve got my meal plans for three weeks back,  and last week we didn’t even do a meal plan (I can only remember a few meals from plan on the week of 4/30), and I’ve got a few things ready for this week so here goes:

4/23 Week’s meal plan:

·         Picky Palate’s Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake – We were supposed to have had this the previous week, but here was attempt 2, and it was successful.
  • Mama Laughlin’s Skinny Doritos Taco Bake – yummo! – Again, we were supposed to have had this the previous week and it was a fail, so I tried again, and success.
  • Spaghetti – we ended up skipping it.
  • Grilled pork chops/broccoli/couscous – skipped it.
  • Stir Fry – Success
  • Tuna Salad Sandwiches – skipped.
So, you’ll notice – we did 3 out of 6 on the meal plan – a whopping 50%. 

So, I was pretty sure we weren’t going to be that successful the following week, but I did create a plan, I just don’t remember it all.  For the week of 4/30 I remember these:

·         Tuna Salad Sandwiches - skipped
·         Tacos - skipped
·         Grilled Chicken Salads - success
·         Penne Rosa with Shrimp - success - and this was pretty good - I would make it more spicy next time, but Tim looooved it, made with chicken instead of shrimp, everything else, followed to the T.
·         Breakfast – ½ success

So….another 50% on that meal plan which is way the week of 5/7 – I didn’t plan… Not a single meal was cooked in my house last week (weekdays).  I did manage to cook the PW’s Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork again over the weekend and it was delicious.

Biggest reason I didn’t make a meal plan last week?  I’d make those meals in my meal plan (ok, realistically, only 50% of those meals), but I’d make them, and Tim wouldn’t want a full meal when he got home.  Cooper barely touches anything that’s not a banana covered with peanut butter.  Andrew wasn’t home from college yet, so that left me, cooking a meal after Cooper would get to bed, (around 8), and having to put most of it in the fridge and then in the trash when no one ate the leftovers.  What a waste of my time cooking, cleaning and our money on the groceries that got thrown away.  So…. I just decided to quit for a week and see how it went.

This week week of 5/14 – I haven’t done any grocery shopping yet (going after work today) – but I plan do cook a few things this week, but certainly not a meal every night.  Here’s why.  I am tired of cereal.  I like a hot meal at night.  I don’t want to eat noodles 3 nights again.  (noodles are easy to make, therefore they are what I went to when I needed hot food)

Meal plan ideas for 5/14:

·         Stir fry – because everyone in my house will eat it and if not, its healthy enough for me to bring leftovers for lunch.
·         Dashing Dish Lasagna Roll-ups – because they are delicious and I can eat them day after day if needed to prevent from going in the trash
·         Dashing Dish Honey Parmesan Chicken Poppers – because they sound good and I want to try something new with chicken.

That’s it.  That’s all I’ve got for you.  I hope you’re weekly meal plans are going better than mine.  I’m afraid that this will be our routine all summer.  Tim umpiring, no cooking, lots of fun otherwise!!!  I don’t think it’s too terrible!!!

Have a great week, I seriously hope to get those baby shower pictures up this week!!!


1 comment :

Holly said...

I haven't made a real meal in so long. We are like you guys {just in and out all night}. This is what I call "roll your own" season. :)

Happy Tuesday, Emily!!