5.22.2012

Weekend Review


Happy Tuesday folks!  I’m wrapping up our weekend today, because it was such a good one, it took me a day to recover and get back to the blogging world.

Friday night we didn’t do a whole lot, which was nice.  Played with Cooper and hung around with Andrew some. 

Saturday morning we slept in a bit, then Cooper and I got ready to head south to visit with family.  The little man and me were going to a picnic with Dad, his ladyfriend Gwen and dad’s side of the family and Gwen’s family.  We got to see my grandpa and my Kieran (my step-grandma who is the only grandma I’ve ever known on my dad’s side of the family).  They are a hoot and I just treasure time with them.   It was a lot of fun.  Cooper and Layne played a lot – those boys are just too cute together.  We had lots of good food, fun and chasing after two little boys.  Here are several pictures.




Look at those cheeks,  he was pretty hot!


Layne loves his sunglasses!




My pretty niece, Larissa.


Cute Boys!



My Dad helping to balance out the teeter totter.

After the picnic, I took Layne, Larissa and Cooper to my Mom’s house.  We were all spending the night there – the kids had a great time playing together as usual.  They were really sweaty by the end of the night, so Layne and Cooper got in the bathtub together.  Nana always spoils them rotten.

Now these next couple of pictures crack me up.  Larissa and Layne sleep in the same bed while at Nana's and check them out.....  Notice anything???



My first question is.... Where Larissa?  Then.... why is Layne laying against the wall like that???  Well, we'll never know, but when we had decided to head to bed a couple of hours after the kids, we were checking in on these two and this is what we found.  I took the pictures with my phone, so they are crappy iphone flash quality, but goodness, these silly kids.

Sunday morning was Week 1: Day 3 of my couch to 5k.  I tried doing it on my mom’s treadmill, but for whatever reason, I couldn’t make it work well, so I hit the pavement.  The gravel pavement out in the boonies….  Did I mention the HILLY gravel pavement???  No, well it was, hilly.  But…. I made it, I survived and I was darn proud of myself.

After that, I was texting back and forth with Tim, so Cooper and I decided to send him a picture of us.  I curled my hair with my mom's skinny flat iron.  I got the idea from Mama Laughlin and had wanted to try it, but not spend the money on a smaller flat iron until I knew I would like it.....  Well, now I have something else to go buy, cause I loved it!



Sunday was my brother’s birthday, so we had a luncheon to celebrate.  My SIL’s birthday is the 24th, so we celebrated her birthday too.  They shared one cake though, because they are both doing weight watchers and really wanted to not over-indulge.  We had a lot of fun.  Eating, kids playing, and then Craig and Shawn got their remote controlled trucks out.  It was pretty cool to see how much these trucks can handle; they were flipping them and crashing them like crazy.  They go superfast too.  Made me want one, lol…..  My grandma made it over for cake and ice cream too.  It was so good to see her.  I just love my grandparents so much.  I am so lucky to have them.

Here are more pictures of playing on Sunday, the birthdays and some poses... 






Me, Grandma and Mom



Craig with his car remote.

Shawn, Mom and Coop




Hope you enjoyed my weekend photos.  It was a good one, that is until I had to return home to laundry, cleaning and the dreaded work on Monday.... UGH.

It's almost humpday!  Yippie!! 

1 comment :

Holly said...

Your hair looks gorgeous, Emily! I'm glad you and Cooper had a great weekend with family. Hopefully the Johnson's are having a great week!