4.02.2012

Meal Plan Monday


Last week's wrapup first....

Meal Plan 3/26 -  3/31
  • Grilled Chicken Salads – nope.  didn't have them.
  • Pork Stir Fry - didn't have this either
  • Mama Laughlin’s Chicken Pot Pie - I made it, and think I did something wrong, because it had good taste, but the texture was mush.  I think I'll stick to my regular chicken pot pie recipe.  It had 6 points for 1/6th of the 9x13 pan.  I follwed her recipe exactly.
  • Chili – McCormick’s chili packet with ground turkey instead of ground beef - yummo as usual! 
  • Mama Laughlin’s Skinny Dorito Bake - the family loved this, the entire family.  I had one piece, yet the entire 9x13 pan was gone by the end of the night.  Definite do again.  1/8th of the pan had 7 points.  I changed Mama Laughlin's recipe a tad bit.  I used an entire pound of 99/1 ground turkey instead of 8 oz of lean ground beef.  I used 5.3 oz plain greek yogurt AND 4 tablespoons of full fat sour cream.  I only used 3 oz of Baked Doritos, and yes, I weighed them.  It was enough for us.  Other than that, I followed the recipe she provided.
  • Pork Chops with parmesan broccoli risotto - we had this and Tim LOVED it.  I thought it was pretty good too, especially for the number of points
This week, Hubby made the meal plan, and I was oh so thankful!

Meal Plan 4/2 4/6

  • Hot dogs with mac & cheese and steamed veggies (7 points per hot dog + bun)
  • No Peek Chicken  - chicken and rice bake - pinterest inspired,  I will find a way to skinny it like usual.  Tim will be making this for us tomorrow, since it takes so long to bake and he's at home potty training Cooper.
  • Pork Stir Fry
  • Spaghetti Pie and salad
  • Grilled pork chops and broccoli with some carb for a side that is still undecided.
We have most ingredients on hand for this week, thank goodness because our grocery budget was about exhausted!  :)  I'm convinced it's all the produce that we're buying instead of the processed foods.  Produce is super expensive and I wish it would stop! :)

Hope you have a wonderful week and I'll try to recap our potty training experiences over the past few days tomorrow. 

1 comment :

Holly said...

We loved the Dorito Bake, too!

Happy Monday!