4.04.2012

My Husband…… My Hero

A few weeks ago, I decided to reclaim our living room.  And by reclaim, I mean, take it back from the kid.  Bring back the adult.  So, I moved all of the toys into the front room, the one where my TV & DVR are stationed which is now the playroom and still my TV room, but mostly the play room. 

Tim had wanted to build Cooper a toy box for awhile, but with other projects that had come up, the toy box never came to fruition.  So when I moved all of Cooper’s toys in there, it was a mess, and it gave Tim the perfect opportunity.  Here’s the thing.  I was going to have a party within 2.5 weeks of moving his toys in the front room.  So….. Tim had a choice to make.  I could go buy something for toy storage, or he could get busy and build the toy box/bench that we wanted.

He chose to get busy!  WHAT A MAN, huh???  That’s what I thought.  He worked a few nights after work, he even got Cooper’s “help” one night.  Then he basically worked all weekend when Cooper and I  went out of town. 

IMG_1800IMG_1799IMG_1797

IMG_1792

This was after a couple of nights, we put the first piece in to make sure it was what we wanted.  You can see in this picture what it sorta looked like before the bench was there.  Please forgive me, but I’m terrible at remembering to take before pictures.

IMG_1801

Now, onto my favorite pictures.  These are the after pictures.  Inside the bench are three compartments for toys and almost everything fits.  All of those toys on the window ledge are actually in the bench, this picture was taken before I’d gotten everything anything organized.  These were taken right after Tim installed it. 

IMG_1886IMG_1884IMG_1883

Isn’t it beautiful?  I LOVE IT!!  He did a spectacular job and I’m so thankful to have such a handy husband who is able to build for me on a whim.  THANK YOU Tim!!! Smile 

1 comment :

Holly said...

Oh my gosh.... It looks like an expensive cutom built in. Good job, Tim!!

PS- Looking at this reminds me that I need to watermark my photos.

Happy Wednesday!