4.16.2012

Meal Plan Monday

meal plan monday


Wow, what a weekend!  I’ll wrap that up tomorrow, but for now, I want to give you our meal plan for the week.  I am wrapping up last week’s first.  I said I was going to take a break from wrapping up prior weeks plans, but here’s the thing.  They keep me accountable.  When I didn’t recap last week, I went on to be terrible on eating our scheduled meals last week…… Here in lies the start to a vicious cycle, so I won’t be repeating those mistakes again….. I hope.
Last week 4/9 – 4/13:
  • Sloppy Joe’s - Tim got the wrong meat out for Wednesday, so they had hot dogs instead
  • Hamburgers & Chips - They didn’t have this either, they swapped spaghetti for it on Thursday night.
  • Stir Fry – we had this Monday night, it was delicious.
  • Spaghetti – They had this Thursday night while I was gone.
  • Tacos – We didn’t have this either.
So, We’ve got Tuesday and Friday nights that we were bad.  And by bad, I mean BAD.  Tuesday we had Qdoba.  What can I say, we had a coupon for a $5 chicken entrĂ©e and I couldn’t pass it up!  Friday – We ate out again…. Only this time, it was Culver’s fish sandwiches and fries.  Oh my was it good and oh so worth all of the points!!!
This weekend I made the Pioneer Woman’s Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork, and it was AMAZING! It took 6 hours, but after it was over, we had 6 lbs of delicious pulled pork.  LOVE.  Sunday’s lunch was that pulled pork with the entire family and we had baked potatoes and green beans as sides, yummo!
Ok, onto this week’s meal plan.  4/16 – 4/20…
  • Kevin & Amanda’s Cheeseburger Macaroni – now, I’m making some big changes with this, so I hope they work.  I haven’t made this since starting weight watchers, but we really miss it, and I’m going to have a go at it.  I’ll use 99/1 lean ground turkey instead of ground beef, instead of butter, I’ll use the go to: ICBINB Light.  I’ll use skim milk, and 1 cup of light cheddar cheese.

  • Grilled Chicken, Couscous and green beans.  We use Marakesh Express Couscous, it asks you to add oil, but we don’t, and it doesn’t taste any different.  So the point value isn’t too bad for a carb side.
  • Picky Palate’s Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake – I’ll do the same with replacing the cheese with lowfat cheese, other than that, same recipe.
  • Mama Laughlin’s Skinny Doritos Taco Bake – yummo!
  • Spaghetti
  • Breakfast Foods (eggs, turkey bacon, toast)
I have high hopes for this this week.  We shall see!  Enjoy your week!

1 comment :

Holly said...

Sounds yummy!! And I see you lost a pound and a half last week?! You are killing it. You deserved that fish sandwich and fries. :)