9.03.2013

The Tuesday after a long weekend blahs

I’m in a funk.  I didn’t track points at all over the weekend.  I wanted to eat some bad food and I did.  So, I don’t expect that scale to move much this week.  We’ll see.  Back at it this morning. 

Last Wednesday, I was home with the kids, which was amazing, because I got A LOT done around the house.  Poor Stephanie was sick and wasn’t able to watch the kiddos, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  I got both kids rooms cleaned and swept, Katy’s new 3-6 month clothes out and washed, Tim’s and my bedroom cleaned up and swept, I cleaned out under the sinks in the bathrooms and I cleaned out some shoes so that I could buy new ones that I don’t want anymore.  I just kicked butt in the productivity department.

Cooper has decided what kind of birthday party that he wants – so I need to get busy planning.  He’s having two parties this year.  One down south where most of the family resides, and another up here for his friends and siblings.  Lucky boy, huh? 

The weekend was pretty good.  Friday afternoon we went out of town, down south to visit my parents.  It was nice.  Saturday night we came back home and had Sunday and Monday to get ready for the new week, thank goodness it’s a short one!   Sunday afternoon, I got to have lunch with one of my closest friends, Shannon.  We hadn’t seen each other much this summer, so it was nice to have a mommy’s lunch out without any kids!  The rest of the day was spent piddling around the house.  We cleaned some, relaxed some, did some laundry.  It was divine. 

Monday was even more relaxing for me, not so much for Tim.  The first thing we worked on after breakfast was to clean out Cooper’s toy box.  His toy box was overflowing, literally.  What we discovered?  It was mostly balls.  Balls, balls, and more balls.  Soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs, footballs…. Oh, and baseball bats, hats, baseball gloves, and all kinds of other sports stuff.  Once we cleaned that out, and put the puzzles and games where he could see them (previously they were down in the toy box and he never played with them), we had a toy box that was probably only one third to one half full.  Score!  The rest of the day was spent cleaning and laundry and taking care of the kiddos.  Another great day!

Heading back to work this morning was blah.  Hence the funk.  Oh well, leaving you today with a few pictures from this weekend, some are reposts from instagram, sorry about that.


Cute Cousins!



My babies love each other.


My Katy girl helping mama clean the kitchen.


Cooper as an umpire.  He’s obsessed with umpiring since Tim umpires – he takes whatever he can to make his shin guards, mask and shoes… :)


3 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

You sure have some cute kiddos:-) It's a good day to get refocused in the WLoss dept. Good luck to us both!!

Kate said...

We used all of our free time this weekend to get some cleaning and organization done. Being an adult freaking ROCKS, doesn't it? :-P

Kimmyyy83 said...

love the umpire get up LOL and you are amazing, I believe in you! You are going to be refocused in no time!