8.27.2013

Katy is 3 months! (August 26th)

I cannot believe my Katy girl is already 3 months old.  I really meant to write a post for each month – but time – well, time sure does move fast when you’ve got two kids.  I cannot imagine what life must be like with 3 or more!  My girl brings me such great joy! 

3 Month weight: 13 lbs 3.5 ounces


She started smiling and grinning at around 8 weeks.  Those first smiles came when we would touch her nose and her cheeks, but within a week, little girl would smile all on her own.  Since then, it’s been my personal goal to make her smile every chance I get!  Her smiles are contagious and I just cannot even look at her without getting a big grin on my face. 

Kate sits up with assistance, her neck has been so strong since she got home from the hospital, really.  She has been holding her head up since then!  At the beginning it might only be for a few seconds, but now, she does it as long as you have her in the sit position.  She sits up great in the Bumbo seat except that her legs are so chunky in there!  She’s a pro at being “princess.”  Little Kate loves to be walked around while she eats, and she loves her bottle being a little too warm. 

Katy sleeps like a pro.  We only get up once during the night and she’s been this way since she’s been home.  We’ve had a few, maybe 3-4 nights where she was up more than once, but it’s been so minimal that I cannot remember how many.  She goes to bed when we do.  Sometimes that’s 9:30 and sometimes that’s 11.  Usually it’s sometime in the 10pm hour.

I wrote here about how Kate sleeps in a bouncy seat.  Crazy girl.  Since that post, and actually as of last Friday night, the 23rd, Kate has been sleeping in her crib at night and for all naps.  I feel like she just needed me to write about it and then she’d switch.  She’d slept every night except one in that bouncy seat until last Friday night.  I am SO THANKFUL that she’s sleeping in her crib in her room!   She’d been sleeping in our room since my foot surgery on July 16th (because I couldn’t easily get up and move around back and forth to her room with the condition of my foot).  Before that she was in her room in the bouncy seat. 

Eating.  This eating thing has been kind of whacko within the last couple of weeks, so I’m going to talk about previous to this first.  Kate would eat between 5-6 oz of  breast milk every 4 hours.  It was like clockwork.  When those 4 hours were up, she’d start fussing for food (except at night when she’d stretch it – from say 8:30 – 2).  Girl was an alarm clock.  The week before I went back to work, she stopped eating as much.  She started sleeping more.  I was worried, and being the freak mama that I am, I took her to the doctor, who said she was fine and that I needed to stop worrying.  Since then, she eats most of her ounces at night.  She still eats between 19-25 ounces per day, it just varies when she eats.  I think she’s trying to adjust to the changes in who is feeding her, etc.  Hopefully she’ll adjust quickly and begin to get on a more regular schedule with feedings during the week again.  Weekends she seems to do fine, but it’s me who feeds her, so she’s used to me……

Cooper loves her, and she is truly the apple of her daddy’s eye.  We are so blessed to have this sweet little girl in our lives.  I am not taking this time with her as a precious little baby for granted.  I treasure every minute of getting up with her at night, changing those poopy diapers, and cleaning the spit-up off of every article of clothing, couches, and floors that we have.  (Yes, Katy baby is a big spit-upper!!)

Since I didn’t get to write posts about the other months, I’m going to include her pictures and weights here.

Newborn weight: 8lbs


1 month weight: 10 lbs


2 month weight: 13 lbs


Here’s the progression:


We love you to pieces Katybug!

2 comments :

Kate said...

Oh she is such a cutie! And it sounds like she's pretty mild-mannered? Glad that Coop is enjoying big brother-hood!

Gina Horkey said...

What a sweetie pie:-) Fun to see how they change so fast!