4.26.2013

Baby Johnson: 33 weeks


Thirty-three weeks today.  Approximately 34 days until induction day;  22 more working days.  (Thank you MEMORIAL DAY & Weekends!)

I have approximately 9 days to get everything finished painted in Katy’s room.  I haven’t been in there in two weeks to paint.  So much for me getting it done in two weeks when I said that, what, about 3-4 weeks ago?!?  Oh well, this too shall pass.  BUT, I have to get it finished before May 5th.  That is the day that Andrew moves home from college for the summer – and right now his room is filled with Katy’s stuff.  Clothes, diapers, bottles, etc.  Anything and everything baby related is in his room right now.  I will get in that room and paint some tonight and tomorrow at the very least.  Three more colors – it shouldn’t be that bad, am I right?  AHHHHH!

I had my last endocrinologist appointment before baby is born this week.  She says everything is looking good with my sugars, except my blood pressure.  It was high, a little too high for her to ignore, so she made a call to my OB who then called me and talked to me about symptoms to watch out for and what to do if these things started happening (headaches, blurred vision, etc).    The nurse says that they do not want to put me on medicine right now, especially if my blood pressure is fine sometimes, which it has been.  So for now, I’m just status quo unless I start developing severe headaches that will not go away with Tylenol or eating, or until my vision starts bothering me.  So far so good on that front, it’s been 4 days and nothing so far.

Next week, on Monday, I have my last (I think) ultrasound, I start my twice weekly NSTs (Non-stress Tests aka kick count tests), and I see the doctor.  I had to do these with Cooper also.  Basically, since I am having the baby around 38 weeks (37 weeks 6 days), the last month of my pregnancy I go twice a week instead of once like most pregnant ladies do.  I see the doctor once per week, but both times, I have an NST.  Its painless, just takes some time (and is very annoying because I miss so much work and it feels like I spend my life in the doctors office).  I’m hoping for a good weight and good results at the ultrasound.  I also hope they can show me a 3D picture of her – as the other times she’s not been cooperative.  We’ll see how the sonographer feels that morning!

I’ve not really had any major food cravings this week.  I have wanted chips with queso more often, but I haven’t indulged this far.  Maybe tonight. 

Sleep is getting more and more difficult.  It’s a combination of things.  Having to pee 3 times per night, still being a rotisserie chicken, a 3 year old who still has to be taken to the potty at midnight each night, and a very active Kathryn are my excuses.  Girl wakes me up kicking me so hard some nights!  It could be worse, and I know it won’t be any better when she gets here, so I’m just going to get as much as I can between now and then.

Here is the weekly comparison, I’m wearing the same shirt, not sure why the color looks so different, but I swear it’s the same.


Lastly, the weekly progression photo…..

Happy Friday to all, and Have a wonderful weekend!  I know I plan on it! J

2 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

Whew, the countdown is really on, huh? Good luck with the painting; you are AMBITIOUS! I'm leaving our nursery as is...if we have a girl I'll make some minor modifications. I have to tackle Braxton's big boy room one of these days...we're not planning to move him until after, but I haven't bought anything (have all of the furniture luckily)...maybe I'll hit up Amazon right now! Hang in there!!

Emily said...

Not too much longer!! You look great!!