4.24.2013

Rain is a good thing.

Maybe I should blog.  That’s the thought that goes through my head at various times throughout the day.  I just feel like with all of the madness that is my life these days, I have nothing to blog about. 

When in reality, I should probably be writing this stuff down to keep in my memory book for the future.

Back to the subject.  Rain is indeed a good thing for me these days.  If you’ve gotten as much rain around your parts as we’ve had in Indianapolis, you’ve had quite a lot.  So far, this is our third most rainiest April ever.   We’re only 0.4 of an inch of rain away from being the second wettest April, and I have no doubt that in the next week, we’ll get at least that much. 

For me, rain is a GREAT thing – especially on days like yesterday.  The rain meant that Tim’s baseball game was canceled.  Which meant that he could join us for some after work/school fun at McDonalds before going to Cooper’s first preschool play!  We live too far away from his school to make it worth driving home then coming all the way back by 6:30, so my plan was to take him to a fairly close McDonalds that had a play place inside, let him down a cheeseburger and then play until it was time to head back to his school.  Thankfully Tim was there to help wrangle him in after the chaos that was the McDonalds play place! 

Here’s a picture of them playing foosball – Cooper actually did pretty decent!

I plan to do an entire post with some pictures and videos of his play, so I won’t talk much more about it here, but it was great, he did so much better than I expected. 

Other happenings over the last week/weekend – Steph and I did some freezer cooking last Saturday (another post to come on that), Cooper has been to swimming lessons and goes back tonight, and Tim and Cooper had lots of outdoor playtime last Sunday after church and naps (and Tim’s double header).  It has been a busy week so far!  We’ve got stuff to do nearly every night until next Thursday, so I’ll be happy for a much needed break by then!

It’s been raining here since yesterday afternoon, and we’re finally getting a short break in it right now.  I’m hoping against hope that the fields are too wet for a baseball game to happen tonight.  I would really love for Tim to go to swimming lessons with us and then I need his help around the house, we’re having carpets cleaned tomorrow!!!

Are your lives crazy too?  Do you have something going on every single night?!?!  Happy Wednesday all!

4 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

The rain has finally stopped today. I love foosball.

Unknown said...

Starting this weekend, things are about to get CARAZY up in here!

Gina Horkey said...

I'd take rain over the snow we've had, but things are FINALLY turning around here & we have a decent (even sunny) weekend on the docket. It's probably more intense since your due date/delivery date is approaching:-)

Becky said...

Rain rain go away!!! I feel like we are drowning in MO from all the rain.