4.10.2013

Single Mommy-hood

So, I’ve mentioned before that April & May are going to be me playing single mommy while my husband is off working his tail off umpiring.  Well, it has started.  I’m officially on day 3 of singly mommy life, with MANY more days to go.  Check out Tim’s umpiring calendar for the next two months:




So, you can see from the calendar he’s got games nightly Monday  - Friday and double headers almost every Saturday.  We get Sundays off, except May 19th, he has a double header on a SUNDAY, that’s not even been put on the calendar yet. 

Now, I’m not complaining, (yet), I love that Tim gets to go and have fun doing something that he enjoys so much.  He makes a few extra dollars for us to put away for something special, and I get lots of quality time with Cooper.  This is especially important to me right now.  These are our last few weeks that Cooper will be an “only child” and I want to cherish every moment.  Even when he’s driving me crazy because he doesn’t want to get in the pool at swimming lessons. 

I do miss my husband, but I know he’ll be back and that baseball season only lasts a few months. Some days – his games are pretty far away from our house – and since they start at 5:30 or so, and last a couple of hours, he’s not usually home before Coop has to go to bed (or me for that matter).  Thankfully, he has several games that are in the Indianapolis area and I can keep Cooper up until Daddy gets home, and then he and I can talk and get a few things done around the house after he gets home.  It sure makes life pretty busy, and I know that will make these last few weeks before Kathryn comes fly by.

I am keeping Cooper pretty busy too – he’s booked with Swimming lessons 2x per week through the May 2nd, and we’ll also attend some of daddy’s baseball games and watch him.  Other days we’ll grocery shop, go to the park, and play at home.  The house may go to pot – but we’ll catch up eventually!  One major bonus: I don’t have to cook at night!!!  When it’s just Cooper and I, we usually eat cereal, peanut butter & jelly, grilled cheese, breakfasts, etc.  Simple, easy, food.  Tim usually brings something for his dinners and has a salad or something when he gets home.  SCORE for not cooking for nearly 2 months straight!!!

I know I’m not the only mama out there playing single mom during baseball season.  Shelli joins me in this journey, are there others???  If so, how do you deal with running a house, taking care of children and dealing with everything when husband is gone constantly?!?  Cheers to a busy, Cooper filled couple of months!!!

4 comments :

Becky said...

I love when my husband has to work late. It's usually grilled cheese for the kids and cereal for me! Although, I don't know how you do it for so long!!!

Shelli said...

I feel your pain girl. And I agree with the girl's comment above - grilled cheese for dinner!

Shelli said...

I just noticed your shout out of me! Ha! I really try to enjoy my time alone with Kendall and I like to catch up on my tv shows he doesn't watch while I am gone. It does get lonely on the weekends when I wish he was with us to do family things. Oh well!

Kimmyyy83 said...

I live the single mom life, but so does J. We live the split up the kids to get them all 40000 places they need to be on time and fed and homeworked life. Enjoy your cooper time!!!!