10.14.2013

Sometimes....

I don't feel like being the happy/positive person that I normally am.  And when I am down or quiet for a day, it really freaks people out.

I don't want to do anything but lay around and be lazy.  I think that might happen again in 18 years, until then, a girl can dream, right?

I want to go shopping and not have to worry about money.  It would be so nice, if only for once!

I think that what people choose as 'stylish' clothes are ridiculous.  Don't get me wrong, I do not feel that way about ALL trends, but there are a certain few that I cannot wrap my brain around.

I would like to know what changes people.  One month I might be really close to one person and another I barely talk to them.  (A month might be a year or any unit of time in this case).  This has happened to me in the past couple of years and sometimes it really hurts.  Maybe I need to reexamine how I have changed...

I want to go out on a date with my husband.  We don't do it very often, and especially not now that we have a <6 month old baby to think about. But I sometimes want it.

I wish I hadn't ever had foot surgery.  The amount of scar tissue/pain that I have now is annoying.  But then I think about how much pain I was in prior to surgery and know that I made the right decision.

I contemplate going back to school.  I really dislike the thought of going back, but finding a job that I love or one that would allow me more time at home with my kids, it tempts me for a minute. (Thinking nursing...)

My son cracks me up.  Last night he was playing basketball in our toy room and he was super hot and sweaty.  I got a cool wet washcloth and put it around his neck and he loved it.

I just want to sleep for 8 straight hours!  I ALWAYS want that actually, not just sometimes.  Getting up in the middle of the night when even the baby is asleep because I have to pump is painful!  I just have to remind myself, it's only for a year.
(or until I have a big enough stockpile to quit early!)

Katy sleeps from 7pm to 6am and I am not used to that.  Last night I made Tim get up and feed her while I pumped because I was sure she wouldn't make it until this morning without eating.  Cooper never did this, but I have heard it's not that abnormal for other babies......

I dream of moving to the country.  Maybe not as far out as where I grew up, but it sounds divine to me to have a little bit of land and some privacy too.

Okay, that's probably enough "Sometimes" for you for today.  I wish you all a wonderful Tuesday!

3 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

All the time I want a full night's sleep...what's that like again? Sometimes I want a night to myself without feeling mommy guilt about anything!

The House of French said...

I saw your comment on Life After I "Dew" and just wanted to stop by and say hello!

My husband and I started planning a date night once a month. We take turns planning, and try to do something new (try a new restaurant, see a new movie, etc.). We're loving it so far! I know it becomes a million times harder with kids, but think if you can plan it far enough in advance, it is kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel during those loooong weeks.

Following your blog now! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry - wrong link above!

http://thehouseoffrench.com