2.27.2012

Meal Plan Monday

meal plan monday

So, I’ve decided I’m going to *try* to share our weekly meal plans with you all each week.  I’ll also try to make sure I have a recipe for you so that you are able to take these plans an incorporate into your meal plans if you want.  Since this is my first post, I’ll need some feed back – please give me good and bad.  I appreciate all suggestions!!

First thing to note.  I come up with 5-6 meals for our plan (this week I have 7), and I DO NOT choose what day we’re having what (except when I’m going to be gone, then hubby has Manwich, more on that later).  We tend to change our minds from one day to the next, so I just plan one night ahead. 

Second, I said I plan one night ahead, because, I try very hard to make the next night’s meal the night before, once Cooper is in bed.  This way when we get home, I can spend as much time with my munchkin as possible.

Third, we have found that planning is key for us to keep in check with out weight watcher’s points calculating.  Each day we know how many points we’re having for dinner, so that makes it easy to plan breakfast, lunch and snacks.  This planning also helps us when grocery shopping, we know exactly what to buy since we know what we’ll be eating.  Grocery shopping is so smooth these days.  I don’t mind going at all.  Ok, on with the plan…..

Here ya go!

  • Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake (I used light cream cheese and cooked the onions with the chicken with some pam so no oil, 56 weight watcher points in the entire recipe, we get about 8 servings)
  • Tacos (ground turkey with taco seasoning, high fiber tortillas, light sour cream, low fat cheese, tomatoes, salsa, each taco has about 4 WW pts with 2 oz meat, 1 tbs sour cream and 1/2 oz cheese)
  • Rosamarina Chicken (Chicken in the Wok) or here I provide weight watchers points on both links
  • 2x4 (weight watchers points included on link)
  • Stir Fry (we add about a pound of diced chicken to 1/2 of the bag and use 1 sauce packet)
  • Grilled chicken with sautéed broccoli and mac and cheese (I season chicken with Weber Grill seasonings, sauté broccoli with light butter, beau monde seasoning and minced garlic, and I’ll substitute low fat cheese and skim milk in the linked mac and cheese recipe.  I will calc points for mac and cheese and let you know how it turns out when I make it, this is a new recipe for me.
  • Sloppy Joes (Manwich, high fiber low fat hamburger buns and 1 lb ground turkey), and whatever else hubby wants to make.  This is for Tuesday night because I don’t like Manwich and I am going to visit a friend that night)

Well, there ya go,  this is our meal plan this week.  What do you think?  We usually eat pretty decent, we like a lot of casserole/combination type meals, and we often have left overs for weekend meals/lunches.  You’ll probably find more soups, pasta bakes and other combination meals here than usual places.

Let me know if you found something you like!  Share some good recipes with me!!  I love trying new things, just remember, hubby and I are on weight watchers, so we’ll skinny down everything as much as we can!

Have a great Monday!!!

 

1 comment :

Holly said...

Chris loves Manwich, too. Ha. That sounds like a heck of a meal plan, lady! I might try that stir fry and just pick out the chicken for my plate. I'm in the mood for something salty.

I hope you had a great weekend. :)