2.06.2012

CMT Crossroads Carrie Underwood & Steven Tyler

This weekend was lots of fun!  The SuperBowl was in Indianapolis and with that came lots of fun, events and entertainment.  While we didn’t get involved in many of the events, we did get tickets to go to the CMT Crossroads Fanjam with Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler.  It was a loooooooong but great night.  

First, we had to stand in line for what seems like a million years, because the tickets were completely free, but once we got in and the musicians started, it was well worth it. 
The first group that played was a local group called the Jester Kings.  They did lots of covers and they were really good.  Here are a few pictures. 

P1040505P1040506P1040507

Next up was Sugar Ray, talk about a blast from the past…… Anywho, they started out kind of rough, but they ended up being pretty good in the end.  One tidbit about Mark McGrath.  He is a cheeseball.  I mean he’s as dramatic and corny as they come.  It was interesting to see one of the bands I liked from high school all these years later.


Then came the reason we stood in line for over an hour and waited in the arena for 3+ hours for these folks (not that the other entertainment wasn’t good, but it wasn’t Carrie Underwood!)

P1040563

Carrie and Steven were WONDERFUL!!!  I had a great time.  If you have a chance, make sure you find this episode of Crossroads on CMT and watch, they really were amazing.  I made a short video of the pictures that I took, it is only pictures, so be sure to take a peek, several of them turned out pretty terrible, but I rooted through them to come up with these gems!  Enjoy!


That was my Saturday night, what did you do this weekend?  Happy Monday all, have a great week!

2 comments :

Holly said...

Sugar Ray?! Yes, that is a blast from the past!! I'm glad you had a god time. :)

karen martin said...

I was there and loved it! loved your blog too. too short to get good pictures so I enjoyed yours