8.21.2013

Back on the Wagon

I am officially back on the “lose weight” wagon. 

Yesterday, I joined weight watchers again.  Since I am breastfeeding, I get a crazy amount of points.  I honestly do not know how in the world I’ll lose weight eating that many points.  I get 46.  Yes, that’s right I said FORTY SIX!   I honestly cannot believe that I get that many.  So now, I get to eat more food than I was anticipating, which isn’t a bad thing considering I love food, however….. I’m honestly not sure that I want to eat that many points on a daily basis.  We’ll see how it goes, I know they give me the number of points that I need based upon the information that I gave them, so as long as that is accurate (which it is) – this should be what I eat.   Does anyone have any experience with weight watchers to tell me if I’m crazy about thinking 46 points is an awful lot?!?

Moving on…. I started walking yesterday also – I walked a mile during the workday, and I am hoping to walk two miles today.  I plan to start the couch to 5k program next week, as my doctor officially gave me the go ahead as of next Tuesday to start that.  She said my foot is healing nicely, but that I needed to take it easy until then – so a bit of running starting next week should be okay.   I loved the couch to 5k the last time I did it, so I am hoping to like it again. 

Tim and I signed up for a 5k that is in November, so I want to get started training – so that I can do the 3.1 miles in 40 minutes or so.  I’d love to make it in 30, but I’m not in the best shape after not having done any running in a year.  Anything is possible though, and I will give it my best shot, like just about everything that I do. 

I am soon going to start going back on the hunt for some creative healthy dinner options.  And I know my grocery list will be longer than I want it to be from now on – just to keep me satisfied on the good for me food train.  I am hoping to stay with “whole” foods and skip out on most things processed, but I know that this will be more difficult, I love my crunchy snacks.  I have seen people make chips out of turkey pepperonis so I need to look that up.  Now, I’m just rambling, so I’m going to wrap this short post up. 

Have a wonderful hump day!

1 comment :

Gina Horkey said...

I did WW after Braxton & lost on average 1.4#'s/week while nursing him (I started 2-3 months after he was born). I just signed up for the on-line program on Monday, so we're in this together! In my experience (I get 43 points BTW) you can still lose weight while eating your max points. Typically I tried to eat all of my daily points, but not dip into my activity/extra weekly points and that produced consistent results for me, so I'll try to do the same this time around as well. I need to work on eating healthy fats like avocados as I've read that really helps to maintain your supply, which is the biggest concern while nursing & losing weight as I'm sure you know! We should become WW "friends." :-) Good luck girly! I'm sure you'll rock your 5k and are smart not starting without that dr.'s clearance!