8.19.2013

Back to Work

Today is my first day back to work since I had Katy.  It is bittersweet.  Mostly bitter, because I’m leaving her, but there are touches of sweetness. 

So far I have managed to call the sitter only once to check in on my little Katybug.  I have missed her like crazy!  She’s been on my mind every minute of this day!!!  I just know that this will get easier as time goes on, that since having her – I’ve been attached to her and I just miss holding and snuggling my little sweet pea.  I missed Cooper too when I returned to work – but things got easier so I know they will this time as well.

There is at least one nice thing about returning to work.  We will be back on a schedule.  I never really realized how much of a person of “routines” I was – but I believe that I am, and I believe that being on a schedule will really help me adjust to having to leave my babies 5 days a week again. 

Mondays and Fridays Cooper and Katy will go to their perspective childcare facilities (Cooper to his preschool/daycare and Katy to the in home sitter Cooper went to) and Tuesday – Thursday, Stephanie is going to watch them and Kampbell at our house!  I honestly am thrilled for both scenarios.  I will miss the travel time with them to and from work Tuesday – Thursday, but am thrilled that they will be watched by their big sister!  Our sitter on Monday/Friday for Katy is AMAZING, and I wouldn’t imagine having anyone else outside family to watch her.  Cooper loves his school, so it’s a win win!

This is a short and somewhat silly post, I realize, but I want to start documenting our lives again, and now that I am back to work, and like I said above starting a routine…. I hope to get blogging back into my life as well as a fitness routine.  I’ll ease my way back for sure, but I miss blogging, and I miss running, so I’ve got to get back to it! J

Have a great Monday everyone!


2 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

It will get easier:-) Still waiting on my novel! Good luck easing back into routine. Glad you have wonderful childcare to put your mind at ease; such a big deal!

Kate said...

That has to be so hard. But I love your attitude and I'm very excited to hear that you'll be blogging more often!