1.26.2012

Product of the Week


Happy Thursday Everyone!  Today, I'm participating in "Product of the Week" with Aly! 

So, let's get right into it, shall we?  My product of the week is this lovely digital food scale.  I purchased this scale from Bed Bath and Beyond and I love it.  Click on the image below and it'll take you to the page to order.  It is from Sharper Image, and it's not just functional, it looks good on my kitchen counter too!


Since joining Weight Watchers at the beginning of the month, I've been weighing and measuring and counting everything that goes into my mouth.  Let's just say, it's not the most fun I've had, but it seems to be working, so I'm going to keep it up.  It's amazing how large our portion sizes are in America.  Once you use this scale you'll soon realize that a serving of potato chips or 2 oz of pasta just isn't very much.  Indeed.  Now let's talk about why I love this scale. 
 
1)  it's not this: 




That's right.  That is my current kitchen scale.  (I forgot to take a picture so I found it here)  Anyway, this thing was a pain to use.

2)  I can weigh my food using any type of plate or bowl now!  This new scale holds up to 11 lbs where my old scale only did 1 lb at a time.

3)  It measures easily in grams and ounces.  (Yeah, the plastic measured in grams too, but it was a pain to read the tick marks accurately, so I avoided it)

I'm sure there are more reasons, for now, that's what I'm sticking with.  If you don't have a digital scale for weighing food and you're counting calories or doing any sort of diet like weight watchers, you just might want to pick one of these up today!

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments :

Stacy said...

Thanks for the review- I've been looking for a scale since I started WW 3 weeks ago and now I know which one to buy:)
Stacy
searchingforthegrateful.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

HELLO! I need one of these, DESPARATELY!