5.06.2013

Katy's room is finished!

We finished Katy’s room this weekend!  I was really going to wait until I had better pictures, these are just from my phone, but after reviewing them, I thought they looked alright, so I decided to share with you today!

As most of you who’ve been reading my blog know, I’ve been working on this room with assistance from my hubby and mom and aunt for just over two months now.  It’s crazy for me to think how long it’s taken to get to this point, but it’s finally finished (well, all except a small table that will go underneath the window for me to put her bottle down on while rocking her, etc). 

A few things to note….  I bought this packages of images on Etsy, and found a butterfly image that was free – these are what we used for the wall images.  We used a projector to project them and drew the images up with pencil, then painted them in with different paints.  The drawing part didn’t take all that long, a few evenings, it was the painting part that took forever!  The curtains and crib skirt were done by my Aunt Sheila and my mom.  The crib skirt was no sew project, from a tutorial I found here.  The fabric is from here.  We used a little over 5 yards for the curtains and crib skirt.  I ordered 7 total yards and have a little under 2 yards remaining for some future project…. But I don’t sew, so we’ll see about that!

Tim did the background colors (blue for sky and green for grass) in one weekend, bless his heart, and the following week during the evenings we did the projections and drawings, then started the painting the next weekend.  I’ve posted a few sneak peeks, but here is the finished product!

Details…..  The ladybug light came from IKEA as a gift from Erica and Mel, and I love it above her changing table.  It’s so neat in the dark!  Gives off just the right amount of light to be her night light in the future.  The rocking chair is the same one I used for Cooper, and it was the same one my mom had to rock my brother and I when we were babies.  I am so fortunate to have it handed down from my mom.  The dresser/changing table and crib are the same that we had in Coop’s room.  The dresser/changing table used to be a rather large chest, but before Cooper was born Tim cut off the top two drawers and took the top off and put it on top of these three drawers which made it the perfect height for a changing table.  Then I painted it to match the crib.  The crib came from Target before Coop was born and is made by Graco.  It was a drop side crib, but that part was recalled and was since made into a non-drop side crib.  The plant stand with lamp and bunny will also house the baby monitor (not setup yet), the stand was part of a set of furniture that Tim had before we got married and never used.  I simply painted it to match the crib. The bunny came from our neighbor and Cooper’s little friend Alexis who lives two houses down.  She got it for Katy as a gift.  Alexis is such a cutie pie!   The table that will be coming into this room under the window was also a part of that set and it is in Cooper’s room now until we find him a replacement table.  I also painted it to match and I will add a picture of it is at the very bottom of this post later when I find one.   The lamp was part of a two piece set that was originally in our house somewhere else, I simply painted them this green and white combo and had both of them in Cooper’s room, but he hasn’t used it since we took the plant stand/monitor/lamp out of there when he started walking. 

I still need to get pictures of her closet, which is pretty stinking cute too for a closet, if you ask me, but I didn’t do that yet. 

Hope you enjoy the tour!!

The door is to the far right of this picture.

Back/crib wall.

Window wall (still missing a small table to go under the window, coming soon)

Closet wall.

Close-up of the light above the changing table. (taken in the dark with the light out)


So, what do you think?!?  Was it worth all of the time (hours and hours and hours) and energy that we put into it? 

3 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

It is Gorgeous!!! She is going to love it.

Gina Horkey said...

Adorable! A lot of work was sure to have gone into it. Great job!!

Holly said...

I love it!! Such a happy little room. You did great, Emily!!