5.24.2013

Baby Johnson: 37 Weeks


Well, I’ve made it to 37 weeks, full term!  Now, Baby Katy, COME OUT!!! 

Yesterday, I had my doctor appointment, and the doctor says I am a good 4 cm dilated. 

I had my usual NST, and baby is sounding great and doing wonderful with her kicks.

The doc also “stripped my membranes” – which is essentially separating the amniotic sac from the cervix from what I can ascertain from online sources.  It wasn’t the most pleasant experience, but wasn’t intolerable either.

I have been pretty miserable this week, I haven’t been sleeping well, I am up way too many times to pee, and just cannot get comfortable in almost any position, sitting up, standing or lying down. 

I’ve had a few contractions, the monitor at the doctor’s office has confirmed them, but they aren’t all that painful and they don’t last very long. 

I’ve been told I’m lucky so far, progressing to 4cm without having the pain that goes along with it.  I will keep this in mind, but I just want her to come now. 

I’m working from home today, so that I can be closer to the hospital just in case something happens, but with my luck, I’ll still be in this same situation come next Tuesday, and I’ll go ahead and come into work if that’s the case.  Working on Tuesday and ½ day on Wednesday, then we’ll be heading into the hospital on Thursday for induction.

Here’s this week’s comparison photo.  I won’t make it to 38 weeks with Katy either way, but I’ll try to take a picture if I make it to Thursday for one last comparison, even though Thursday will still be only 37 weeks 6 days…..


Here’s the progression photo:


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

4 comments :

Emily said...

Awe yay! Can't wait to see pictures of baby girl! Best of luck and I hope you get some rest!

Becky said...

I am so jealous!! I don't think I was 4 cm along with either of my kids until I was hooked up on potocin for several hours.

Good Luck and I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!

Unknown said...

Hang in there!! She will be here before you know it! :)

Milk House door said...

I've been thinking of you this weekend. Praying all goes smoothly for you and Miss Katy! Hope all goes well!