5.17.2013

Baby Johnson: 36 Weeks


The countdown is on – and I am getting anxious, more excited and super ready!  I am officially going into the hospital for induction on the 30th which we all knew, but here’s the kicker……  My doctor thinks it’s very possible that I go into labor before that. 

I had my two appointments this week, the usual NST on Monday and then doctor appointment and NST yesterday.  The doctor checked me for the first time this pregnancy, and turns out, I am already 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I wasn’t checked until 37 weeks with Cooper and I was only 2cm.  I was 3 cm at 38 weeks, and 70% effaced at that point.  So, I am definitely progressing faster than I did with Cooper. 

Next week, the doctor says she’s going to strip my membranes, whatever that means, so that she can perhaps kick things off.  I guess sometimes this really helps start the process and sometimes it doesn’t do anything.  We’ll see I suppose.

Things have really been status quo around my house this week, busy as usual, running errands, swimming lessons, baseball games galore.  Tonight Cooper and I are going to watch Tim umpire his baseball game, and tomorrow night I’m hoping we hang out at home and do a whole bunch of nothing while Tim’s at his game. 

I still need to get another load of laundry done for Katy, and then there are a few more things that Steph gave us this week that need to be sorted through and put away.  TWO more boxes of clothes, but I think they are for later, so I’m not going to worry about washing them yet at this point. 

Tim is going to get the blind this weekend (I hope) for her room, and I’m planning to shop for a table to replace the one I’m taking out of Coop’s room to put in Katy’s room. 

Other than that, I really hope to get our house cleaned this weekend (between Tim’s double headers on Saturday AND Sunday, a birthday party late Saturday afternoon, Church and grocery shopping on Sunday I’m not sure how much of that will get done…..).

Newborn photos are not quite scheduled yet, as we’re not sure when Miss Kathryn will arrive, but we’ve lined up Kerri Sparks Photography to take pictures in our home.  I just love Kerri, she’s an amazing photographer!

Weekly comparison…
   

Weekly progression as usual!


Have a great Friday and happy weekend to all!!!

2 comments :

Al said...

36 weeks ALREADY??? It's going by so quickly! You are glowing, babe :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

You look happy but miserable. Are you sure there's not twins in there? ;)