12.10.2012

Our weekend & Picture Overload

It was a busy weekend for our little family.  We were pretty non-stop from the time we got up on Saturday morning until sleep time last night!

Saturday:

We took Cooper to breakfast with Santa first thing on Saturday morning.  Cooper has been scared of Santa since the very first time we brought him to visit him when he wasn’t even 3 months old.  This year though, he did great.  He was a little hesitant at first, but warmed right up to him.

Santa greeted us when we walked in, and let Cooper hold his bells.

Then once we got our breakfast, Santa visited our table a few times for more pictures.


Cooper and me chowing down.


Finally Santa came back one last time for Cooper to sit on his lap.  Tim sat next to him so that he wouldn’t run away in case he was still scared.


Next, we made the 2 hour trip south to visit my dad and Gwen.  Cooper loves visiting my dad’s house because my dad has a horse he can ride on in the basement (the very messy basement).




The only one I got of my dad and Cooper all weekend.  Dad shaved his beard for work, it’s more than a little weird seeing him like this.  This may be only the third time in my life he hasn’t had a beard.


After visiting with Dad and Gwen and giving Gwen her birthday cake and present (which I was so caught up in that I forgot to take pictures) we headed to my mom’s house.

She was having a family gathering later that afternoon.  All but one of the 3 year olds was there – so Cooper got to play with his second cousins and it was precious.  We only see them once or twice a year (if we’re lucky.)

My uncle surprised all of the kiddos with a present, matching trucks for the boys and little outfits and $ for the girls.

Cooper was pretty excited about this truck.

Cooper and Oliver (Abby’s son) playing with their trucks.

My beautiful cousin Sherry with her three kiddos, left to right Finn, Celia and Elliot.  These kids are all 19 months apart. 
She says she is going to wait awhile for another!

Cooper and Oliver posing.

Grandma, Uncle Steve’s face, Jared (my celebrity weatherman cousin), my mom and Aunt Sheila.

My uncle Perry with Madelynn (Abby’s daughter) and Elliot

Coop and Finn hugs.

Coop, Finn and Elliot hugs.

The kiddos had a great time.  I had a great time.  I only wish I had taken a picture of all of the “adults”; our parents generation, then us kids and then our kiddos.  Oh well, maybe I’ll remember next year???

Sunday:

I awoke to Cooper crying for me – he needed to go potty.  So we did that, got him all ready to go back to bed when my mom came in and let me go back to bed.  I didn’t fall back asleep, but laid there another hour – talking to Tim and snoozing.  We had a nice breakfast of homemade waffles with strawberries then got ready to head out to the next event.

I took zero pictures, but my dad, Tim, Cooper and I went to my dad’s family’s family reunion on Sunday.

It was good to see so many people that I hadn’t seen in such a long time.  Some I met for the very first time.  It was great.

Sunday when we got home, we unpacked the car and then got to watch this little bundle of joy.  If you are friends with me on facebook or instagram you’ve seen some of these before, sorry)

Grandpa loves Soup.


My piggies taste good Mimi!!

All smiles!

Cooper giving kisses while Soup plays with her feet.

It was a busy weekend, but a good one.  If you made it this far into my post, congratulations!  It was long and very picture filled!! J  Have a happy Monday ladies!

3 comments :

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Cute pics... very cute.

Kimmyyy83 said...

I love the hugging pictures!!

Erin.Nelms said...

I nominated you!!! Check it out!! http://mother227.blogspot.com/2012/12/an-award-for-me-you-shouldnt-have-or.html