12.07.2012

Baby Johnson: 13 Weeks

Today I am 13 weeks pregnant.  I am already 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy.  (Only because I am diabetic, they will induce me around 38 weeks.)

The baby is about 3 inches long and the size of a shrimp.  It’s incredible to me this journey I am taking and this miracle that is going on inside of me. 

I have not started taking weekly “bump” pictures yet, but I believe I will be starting that sooner than when I was pregnant with Cooper, because I seem to have some growth already, and I want to document the process, so please expect to be bored when I do my weekly posts! J

I am going to write a list of “this week’s happenings” each week so that I can document what changes (if any) have taken place with the pregnancy.

This week’s happenings:
  • My insulin requirements have not been as great this week as previous weeks.  Because of this, I have been awoken 10 out of the last 13 nights due to low blood sugar.  This has caused me to have to get up and eat or drink something with a good amount of sugar so that I can try to get back to sleep, this doesn’t always work.  Sleep deprivation has been common this week.
  • My appetite has been less than normal.  I cannot eat as much at meal time.
  • I am very picky about what I’ll actually eat.  Many food types do not sound especially good to me, carbs are the exception.
  • Cravings for lunchmeat sandwiches are at an all-time high.  Because of the risk of the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes, which could cause flu like symptoms and lead to life threatening meningitis, and I do not feel it’s worth it to eat these types of meats, although cravings are high.
  • Pizza has lost its appeal this week.
  • Water and milk are my “go to” drinks.  I have tried to drink caffeine free drinks as well as a few caffeinated beverages here and there, and none have tasted good, so I’ll stick with handy dandy H2O.
 That is it for this week’s happenings.  I am interested to see how these change throughout the weeks.

My next doctor’s appointment is the 13th, so next Thursday.  I cannot wait to hear that little heartbeat again.  Then the next appointment will be when we can find out the baby’s gender! J  Woo hoo!!

We have still not told Cooper that he is going to be a big brother – I believe that we will wait until he can really see my belly growing – for now, it’s not big enough for him to wonder what is going on.  There are sometimes that I think he might know already, but the more he talks, the more I realize he doesn’t.  So that works for us for now.  We want him to soak up these last months of being the “only child.”

Have a great weekend ladies and gents!

5 comments :

Kimmyyy83 said...

What do we want? BUMP PICTURES! When do we want them? NOW!!

Glad things are going well! Happy Friday!

Elle Noel said...

I really love reading these update posts! We've yet to start trying for our first,but I want to soak up all the info I can in meantime! LOL Pregnancy is hard work!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Awwww - yay. I craved lunch meat with Wes constantly - crazy. Love reading these updates and Happy 13 weeks my lady.

Gina Horkey said...

Being diabetic would make things more challenging I'd imagine! It's nice to be over the first tri hump, huh? Can't wait to get there myeself;-) Everyone likes a good bump picture, snap away!

Unknown said...

Congrats lady! Never does it bore me to read bump updates. Such an exciting time!