12.13.2012

Christmas Tunes

This is my favorite time of the year, no question about it.  I love Christmas music, and I love that I can turn on the radio and listen to it on a Christmas music station.  I also have a playlist on my iPhone of Christmas music and I listen to that at work, and also in the car when I am out of an area that has a Christmas music station or when I don’t want to listen to commercials.

Some of my family (Steph/Tim) and friends (Erica) don’t particularly care all that much for Christmas music, but when they are in the car with me driving, it’s just too bad.  I’ve even gotten Cooper on the Christmas music bandwagon (although I’ll admit, he’s obsessed with about 3 songs and wants to hear them over and over again).


So, I thought today, I’d share some of my most favorite Christmas songs with you.  I would love to hear yours as well, so please comment and share your favorites with me, I love adding to my playlist each year!

In no particular order……

The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser – this is a classic that this male a cappella group has added to and changed and made wonderful (at least in my mind).
O Holy Night – Straight No Chaser/Home Alone Soundtrack/Celine Dion/Norman Rockwell: Christmas Memories
Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys/Straight No Chaser
Silent Night – Straight No Chaser/Norman Rockwell: Christmas Memories 
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Bruce Springsteen
All I Want for Christmas is You (not the Mariah Carey song, completely different) – Vince Vance and The Valiants
White Christmas – Home Alone Soundtrack
Please Come Home for Christmas – Home Alone Soundtrack
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
Jolly Old St. Nicholas –  A Swinging Christmas – 1940’s Style
Up on the Housetop -  A Swinging Christmas – 1940’s Style
A Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
Here Comes Santa Claus – Gene Autry
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Gene Autry/Burl Ives
All I Want for Christmas is You (different song than above) – Mariah Carey
Sleigh Ride – Ella Fitzgerald
Frosty the Snowman – Gene Autry
Merry Christmas Baby – Bruce Springsteen
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing – Carrie Underwood
White Christmas - Bing Crosby 
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
Home for the Holidays – The Carpenter’s


I’m sure I’m missing some,  but that’s a majority of my playlist right now.   I would love to hear yours as well, so please comment and share your favorites with me, I love adding to my playlist each year!

No comments :