12.14.2012

Baby Johnson: 14 Weeks



Well, nothing majorly notable happened this week, but I did take the first bump picture!  This was a self taken picture because Tim has bible study on Friday mornings, so I'm hoping that we'll figure some way to do these pictures before he leaves.  Hence this picture not being exactly "quality."

This week’s happenings:
  • My insulin requirements have not changed.  I have been able to lower the amount that I take at night.  I have been able to sleep this week, it's been WONDERFUL! :)
  • I have been staying up past 8:30 this week!  I feel like I've had a bit of energy this week - I've been able to get a few things done during the weeknights.
  • I cooked!  I haven't been cooking much in the last several weeks, but this week, I did it!  I got my butt back into the kitchen.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and corn, comfort food and delicious.
  • My belly has really started to stick out.  This has just happened in the last couple of weeks.  It's craziness.  I asked the doctor yesterday about it and she said it was perfectly normal for the bump to stick out faster with the second child.  I haven't gained any weight yet, and looking at me, you'd think I'd have gained about 20 lbs.
  • Baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and 160s when I got to hear it yesterday.  Made my day, make that my week to hear that heartbeat!
I should be scheduled in 4 weeks to have the anatomy scan and to find out the baby's gender.  I cannot wait!  Sometime during the week of January 7-11 hopefully! :)  So quick!  Yay!

So, I did a comparison collage of my pregnancy with Cooper and the pregnancy now.  Both are first bump pictures, however, one is at 22 weeks with Coop and 14 weeks with the little pumpkin.

So, I'm pretty sure that I'm just as big now as I was at 22 weeks with Cooper.  I'm really not sure what to think about this, since the doctor says it's normal, I'll just go with it!  I cannot wait to see how this progresses and how big I'll be at 22 weeks to do comparisons!

That's it folks.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend, ours will be super busy, but we'll be home, and that's exciting.  I need that.  A weekend at home before the crazy Christmas celebrations begin! :)

2 comments :

Holly said...

You are not big at all... Whatchu' talkin' about? :) And we need bump pics with tighter shirts... all I see his a baggy a$$ shirt.

I finally put your goodies in the mail. Bad friend.. but they will be there by Christmas!

Happy Monday, love!

Miss Chelsea said...

Congratulations!