5.16.2011

Oh Monday, Monday......

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Link up with Carissa and give us some random-ness!

{source}
1.  I love weddings...... I didn't have a big one, with a white fancy dress and a big crowd of people.  I had a ceremony with 12 people in attendance including me, my hubby and the minister.   We wore tshirts and jeans, got married in the middle of a snow storm, it was about 10 degrees outside.  This is what I wanted and I don't regret it for a minute.  But.  I.love.weddings.  Sunday night we attended a wedding, it was a quickly arranged because the groom was in the military and they didn't know when he would be home.  When the family learned when he would be home, they threw the wedding together, but, thrown together as it was, it was gorgeous.  The bride was gorgeous, the entire thing.  GORGEOUS.  I just love when two people who love one another and give themselves to one another for life.  The look in their eyes, the smiles on their faces.  Awesome.  I look forward to seeing my Stephanie and her Ryan next June. 

{source}
2.  Recipe testing.  Saturday was spent doing some testing for Stephanie & Ryan's engagement party next weekend.  I made Kevin & Amanda's Mini Lasagna Cups.  They turned out wonderful, but as it turns out, they are too much work and more than an apetizer.  More of a dinner and I highly recommend trying them!  I really needed something smaller and less time consuming to make.  We hare having little smokies in bbq sauce, fruit kabobs, relish kabobs, a veggie tray, cupcakes and a cake, and then the last thing was a question in the air.  Should we have meatballs or something else.  I loved the idea of fried ravioli, but I cannot seem to find a decent recipe for that either.  Then Amanda posted that recipe for the Mini Lasagna Cups and I thought YES!  I've found just the thing.  But.... now, after making these on Saturday they aren't meant to be either, so we'll be having meatballs.  Which is fine.  We'll also be adding little smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, but that's our menu. 

{source}
3.  Weekends are the best!  No matter if we're just hanging around the house or going somewhere.  Time with my boys and stop ins from the rest of the family.  This weekend, my mom and her husband visited for dinner on Saturday night.  We ate those lovely mini lasagna cups from Kevin & Amanda.  They picked us up our new patio table and chairs and brought them to us.  THANKS MOM & THANKS SHAWN! :)   Sunday we went to breakfast, then came home for a bit, took naps while Tim worked on the hall bath.  Then Steph, Ryan, Steph's mom, Cooper, Ryan's mom and me went to shop for decorations for their party at our house next week.  After that we came home, had lunch, played and Cooper had a short nap, then we got ready for the wedding.  I had a great weekend.  Loving it and I cannot wait for the next weekend! 

That's all for me, I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment :

Lisa said...

I love weddings too! My sister just got married this weekend. :)

Those lasagna cups sound great. I'm always looking for new recipes.

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Hope your week is just as wonderful!