4.21.2014

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse: Day 1

Now that I am finished being pregnant, breast pumping, I can FINALLY do a 10 day cleanse.  And, it's time.  My eating habits were getting awful.  I wasn't exercising, at all, except chasing after the kids.  So, I'm thankful that Lindsay decided to have a 10 day cleanse challenge!

Last night I had my last slice of pizza and my last bit of dairy in that cheese for the next 10 days.


I went grocery shopping and bought this for the first time ever:


and a lot of other fruits and veggies so that I could make it for TEN days without ice cream and milk and cheese!  UGH, no cheese for 10 entire days!!  BUT I can do this!  I just keep telling myself that I can do this!

I meal prepped.  I made a lot of veggies last night.  I used a small amount of olive oil, garlic and some other "approved" spices to cook them gently.  I made about 10 servings of brown rice and prepared what will be dinners / lunches for the week.  I've got lots of chicken to cook up tonight also.  That will be the protein that I have with my salads and dinners.


I did measurements last night and weight this morning too.  I'm not sharing though.  I'll probably share my progress at the end (if there is any).  Even if there isn't, I'm just hoping to clean up my eating.  I desperately need to clean up the eating habits and that's what I'm working on during this cleanse!!

And even though my husband isn't taking the Advocare products during this cleanse, he has said that he will eat clean with me!  I'm really thinking this is doable at this point.  I'm not "hangry" at all right now.  The evenings will be the true test.  I need to find a way to enjoy veggies the way I normally do with ice cream.  

This morning I had the fiber drink and I didn't hate it.  I had the citrus, and I've been just fine all day.  The texture reminded me of very pulpy orange juice.  Good thing I like pulp!  

Breakfast was two boiled eggs. 
Snack was a couple of huge strawberries.
Lunch was a salad with pecans, strawberries, blueberries grilled chicken and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Snack was a couple of huge strawberries.
Dinner will be chicken, veggies brown rice, and almond milk.  
Snack will most likely be an apple with a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter. YUM.

I.CAN.DO.THIS!!! :)  

Any suggestions for me while on this cleanse?  Have you done a cleanse before?  How did it affect you?

3 comments :

Shelli said...

You can do this girl!!!

Emily said...

So my question is...did you find it expensive? I looked into it and thought it was crazy expensive...

Gina Horkey said...

"You can do hard things." I'm getting my products on Thursday & hope to start on Friday!! Is it crazy that I'm running my first race of the season (a 10k) on day 2? I'll only be a couple of days behind you:-) Find the time to blog about it, so I can soak up motivation!!