4.24.2014

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse: Day 4

Today is the first day without the fiber drink.  I think it starts up again on day 8.  I'll have to confirm that by looking at the pamphlet again at home.

Anyway, I am finally tired of the same breakfast/lunch/dinner.  I guess that just happened this morning.  I just wasn't excited about the food options at all today.  More boiled eggs, chicken, salads, and brown rice and steamed veggies just all sounded ick to me.  BUT, I did it again for breakfast - two boiled eggs and 4 strawberries.  Snack was unsweetened applesauce.  Lunch was chicken, steamed veggies and brown rice.

I'm not sure what dinner will be tonight.  I'm pretty much over what I had for lunch today.  I'm debating having a peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread with fruit and a boiled egg or two for dinner.  That or scrambled eggs with veggies mixed in.  Both of those ideas sound much better to me.  Since I'm trying to stay away from wheat as long as I can (just to see if leaving wheat behind has any impact in how I'm feeling) I'm leaning toward the eggs.

I may have to go and get some brown rice noodles or something along those lines because I'm getting tired of brown rice being the only "carb" carb that I'm eating.  Or quinoa, maybe I can get some of that into my meal options.  I don't mind a baked potato here and there, or a baked sweet potato, but I like butter.  Since dairy is off limits, I'm having trouble figuring out what to put on my potato that I will enjoy, so I've just skipped it for now.  Maybe I can make some sweet potato fries this weekend.  Those sound yum.

I haven't exercised since starting the cleanse.  It's not because I don't have the energy, it's because I'm just too darn tired after the kids finally go to bed - I have housework to do then, so when that's all done, I'm pooped and I just quit.  This is one area that I really want to step things up and get movin!  Hopefully over the weekend I can get outside for a nice long walk with the kiddos.  We'll see how that goes.

So far, this cleanse has been WAY easier than I expected.  I feel like I'm learning to look at food more as fuel than something for enjoyment, which is a GOOD thing, however, I do still want to be able to enjoy food sometimes without feeling guilt, and hopefully I'll get to that point.

Any suggestions for my baked sweet potato toppings?  Clean eating recipes that you've enjoyed that I should try?

No comments :