6.21.2012

Vacation: Leg #1 Camping


There will be three legs to this vacation.  And some legs may be broken up into different parts.  That I haven’t decided yet.  I’ll have to go through pictures before I can say for sure. 

We first went camping with my mom, her husband Shawn, and my brother and his family.  It was a good time.  It was very hot, so I was glad we got to go on the boat, because the water gave us much needed relief from the heat. 

The first day my brother’s fam wasn’t there except for my nephew Layne.  I was glad he was there so he and Cooper could play together.  The boys don’t get to do that nearly as often as we would like. 

But first, there was baseball playing with Nana.  Cooper is OBSESSED  with baseball.  From the moment he wakes up in the morning until he goes to bed at night, it’s baseball this, baseball that, so as soon as we got there, he decided it was time to play baseball with his Nana.  Layne sat back and watched the fun.

2012-06-07

Once we got camp setup, we took the boys for a walk.  We didn’t quite know where we were headed we just wanted to walk, so off we went, and stumbled upon a beach.  The boys played in the water, splashed their Nana and had a good time.

2012-06-071

The next two days after my brother arrived, we went boating and played and ate way too much.  It was a good time.  I haven’t been in a lake or an inner tube in a long time.  Great fun!  Cooper had a great time driving the boat.  One downside, when Mom, Larissa, Casey and I were out in the inner tube, we flipped it over and my Mom lost her glasses.  She got stuck wearing mine the rest of the trip.  On the bright side, she had just ordered those, and she didn’t really like them much, so she got to order new ones.  I guess the glass is half full.

2012-06-08

Cornhole, beer, food, motorized cars, and Charlie Brown on the iPad.  What else could we all ask for?!? 

2012-06-081

It was a great long weekend to start our vacation.  We headed home Saturday evening and had to get packed for vacation #2: STL.  I’ll start working on that post soon.  Have a lovely day!

1 comment :

Holly said...

Oh that camping trip looked like a lot of fun. I wish they had iPads when I was a kid camping with family! ;)