6.15.2012

Couch to 5k


Couch to 5k.  I’m doing it.  I have a love/hate relationship with it, but I’m doing it.
Right about now, I should be working on Week 6, Day 1.  Literally right now.  I’ve scheduled this post to occur while I’m on Day 1 of week 6 because I am hoping that I haven’t given up yet.  

I hope I can come back to my computer and that I’ve done it.  You see, this has been difficult for me.  I have never been a runner.  I have never (that I can remember) done an 8 week program that builds upon itself like this one.  I mean yes, I’ve done training for sports, and exercise programs before, but nothing that builds every 3 days.

I have the bluefinapps Ease into 5k app and I love it!  They aren’t paying me for this endorsement so I’ll keep it short.  I love that it allows me to choose my own music, that it gives me alerts for being half way done, as well as when to switch from walking to running etc.  Here are a couple of screen shots.

I didn’t want to pay for the GPS part of the app, so I use RunKeeper.  I generally start it up a minute or two before I start the C2 5K so it’s a bit off of 100% accuracy, but it’s close enough for me.

Here are some screen shots of the RunKeeper app.


 




It’s cool for me to be able to take different routes around my neighborhood and once I get home I always examine what I’ve accomplished.    I learned about the couch to 5k program from Mama Laughlin and most recently Caroline.  I look to these girls along with my local buddy Aly for inspiration. 

I have running a 5k on my goals for 2012, and I’m more than halfway through with my training at this point.  

Have you ever done a training program like the couch to 5k?  Did you succeed?  

Hope you have a fabulous weekend friends!

2 comments :

SkinnyMeg said...

I didn't do a program, I joined a bootcamp and running was a major part of it. I've always HATED running, everything that jiggled hurt! I'm here to tell you it DOES get easier and MUCH more enjoyable! The best advice I can give you is to not miss any workouts!!! Even if I had to walk instead of run I just kept going, next thing you know you will be running for miles without stopping, I promise!

Amy said...

Good luck! I have a 5k next wednesday, and havent even gone on a walk since my last one in March (whoops!).

xoxo,

amy
www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com