7.22.2013

My Favorite Baby Things So Far…..

 

I thought I’d share a few of my favorite baby related things that I've used so far with Katy.  Pretty sure these items won’t change for the next ten months.

 

Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump – Since Katy didn’t latch but I still want her to have breast milk, I love this pump.  I love in so much that I have THREE of these bad boys.  One stays in our bedroom upstairs, one downstairs (for convenience, and it’s the one I take with us when we’re going out for the day) and then the third one will stay at work when I go back.  It is super nice to have more than one.  When I had Cooper and he had the same latching problem, I only had one pump and I swore that I’d have two this time, and luckily for me, I ended up with THREE!! 

image
image

 

Boppy with ladybug slipcover! – This pillow is essential for me when feeding Katy.  I know this pillow is meant for nursing moms, but I use it while feeding her with the bottle and it really makes it easier.  Again, I am fortunate to have two of these pillows, we leave one downstairs and another up in our bedroom for those nights when I feed her in the middle of the night in our room.  Holly got me one of the ladybug covers and Shannon contributed the second boppy pillow (I had one when I had Cooper).  I have the best friends I tell ya!

 

Dr. Brown Bottles – we use both wide neck bottles as well as the standard kind.  I like them both.  I didn’t try any other bottles with Katy, as everyone suggested these before she was born.  I am glad we are using them though.  IF they are reducing the amount of air bubbles that she is taking in, then hallelujah, because baby girl has enough gas on her own!  

imageimage
image



 

Soothie pacifiers – Katy loves these little gems.  We really don’t go anywhere without them.  I have them all over the house, we keep one in her car seat and at least one extra in the diaper bag.  She loves to suck on these and they really do sooth her.  I guess they are called “Soothie” for a reason! 


Munchkin Bottle Warmer – This warmer is so necessary when I pump and feed Kate.  I am always at least one bottle ahead of her feedings, so we keep those cold in the fridge – and since she definitely isn’t a fan of cold milk, we use these!  We have two of them, one in our bathroom/walk-in closet, where we have a mini-fridge store an extra bottle at night.  We keep the second warmer in the kitchen.  These warmers aren’t just for warming bottles though, they are great for sterilizing pacifiers that fall to the floor and warming up baby food if you’ve kept it in the fridge.  They are also very portable, so if travelling for any reason, we can just unplug and throw it in the bag and go!

image


image

 

Pinxav Diaper Rash Cream – This diaper rash cream is amazing.  When Katy was in the hospital on antibiotics, she developed a terrible diaper rash.  It was so red and she had bad sores.  We tried Desitin, A&D ointment and Vaseline.  None worked.  Then my sister in law told me about this stuff.  It is pronounced Pink Salve, and it isn’t sold in any stores around here.  So I called the pharmacy and they ordered it for me.  I just ordered one tube at first, to see if it really worked, and when it did, I was really impressed.  I ordered two more tubes, one for our downstairs changing station, one for upstairs and one for the diaper bag.  Her rash is gone now, and I think its largely impart to this diaper rash cream.

I hope I can remember to write some updates of this post throughout the next year!

Have you used any of these items?  What are you favorite baby items? 

2 comments :

Our Little Bram Fam said...

I saw pink Dr. Brown bottles! I wish I would have had those!! But they are for sure the best! :)

Shelli said...

I love that pump! SO worth the investment. It was my third arm for a year!