2.17.2014

Extended weekend, sad news, lots of tears, and someone, please stop the snow

Friends, the weekend seemed to have ended normally this morning, as my family got up, got ready and headed out to work as usual.  But then around 12:30, as I was working - I received and email.  My office was closing at 1pm due to the impending weather.  I knew we were supposed to get some snow later on in the day, but I didn't know it was going to be enough to cause our office to close.....  I quickly rescheduled my 1pm meeting, and finished up a few things and hightailed it out the door.  I hadn't eaten lunch yet, so I headed home to eat and log back into work.  It was a fairly productive afternoon, even if the kids and Tim got home about an hour after I did.  We spent the afternoon together, me holding Katy while working, Tim and Cooper playing soccer in the living room.  I love my family.

Sad news for so many people in my life recently.  My neighbor friend lost her husband a couple of weeks ago, at the age of 39.  I'm sure you've heard about Baby Harper by now, and if you can, make a donation to his family here.  I cannot stop crying about these two angels.  As a wife and a mother, I cannot imagine what these ladies are going through.  My heart is broken for them both.  Tears have been flowing frequently in my house because of my friend's husband, and now adding the loss of Harper into the mix, they are free flowing.  I trust that God has a reason for everything - and I believe that these guys are in a better place - but that does not make the loss any less painful, at least in the short term.  Please say a prayer for The Young family - they need them right now.

Finally, if there is anyway for us to move past some of this snow that's been hitting us since Christmastime, I would really really appreciate it.  We've had the snowiest winter in many years and I'm ready for it to END.

No comments :