2.13.2014

A day in my life - (my new job)

I know I'm not the only one performing a juggling act on a daily basis, but since I am writing this blog for me, to keep records of what goes on in my life at any certain time, I thought I would go ahead and document a day in my life early in my new job.  Tim still takes the kids up to the city where he works for their school and sitter.  We are in the process of searching/switching them to a new location closer to my new job, which is less than a 10 minute drive home.  I hope to write a post about that process in the next few week or so.  

In the meantime, read on if you're interested in my life.  Once I finish collecting enough milk for Kate to finish up her year of breastmilk, I totally plan to take that time and add exercise back into my life.  IT IS NECESSARY!!!  I didn't include this below, but I pump once in the middle of the night, so that's a total of 5 times per day, at least 15 minutes of pumping, plus storage time, so that's at least 100 minutes of time that I should get back for exercise or something else once I'm finished!  


my week day schedule

6:00 - 6:50 - Wake up, feed Katy girl, pump, dress Kate, help get Cooper ready for school, get coats on the kids and help Tim get them out the door and in the car.
6:50-7:10 -  Make my lunch and pick up the kitchen (if there is time)
7:10 - 7:45 - Shower, dress, get ready for work, make coffee and head out the door.
7:45 - 7:55 - Drive to work.
8:00 -10:30 - Fill up water and work at my desk.
10:30 - 11:00 - Pump, restroom break, fill up water again.
11:00 - 12:00 - Work at my desk, meetings etc.
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2:45 - Work at my desk, meetings etc.
2:45 - 3:15 - Pump, restroom break fill water again.
3:15 - 5:00 - Work at my desk, meetings etc.
5:00 - 5:10 - Drive home (or go to grocery store for dinner needs)
5:10 - 5:45 - Change clothes and start dinner, wait for Tim and kiddos to get home
5:45 - 7:00 - Finish cooking, play with both kids, have dinner, clean up dinner, get ready to feed Katy
7:00-7:30 - Feed Kate & watch Cooper play some kind of sport (he's obsessed)
7:30 - 8:00 - Get both kids ready for bed.  Jammies on both, lay Kate down, read Coop books and Bible stories, brush teeth, tuck him in.
8:00 - bedtime (varies) - Prepare lunches, pump, prepare lunches for next day, anything else needing done (laundry, etc)

Well, that's it.  That's my day.  


2 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

How wonderful that your new job is so close to home!! Our schedules are pretty similar except that I just eat lunch at my desk and go home at 4pm. You're a trooper for pumping in the middle of the night...I get that it'll get you closer to being done sooner, but it's got to be hard to fully awake when you don't have to anymore:-)

Unknown said...

Busy day!!! Good thing you work so close from home.