2.12.2014

Cleaning Routine..... FAIL

If you remember, a few weeks ago.... I wrote about our plan for a cleaning schedule.  Here is a copy of what was our plan.


Well, some plans workout, and some don't.  This one, well, it didn't.  I didn't know if it would, I truly hoped that we'd be able to succeed with this schedule.  It didn't seem all that difficult, but alas, we failed.  We did okay for the first 3 days?  Then, crash and burn.

My mom retired from being a teacher this school year.  She is enjoying her time off, but would like to keep busy, so she has volunteered to do some housecleaning for us, my brother and my grandma.  I LOVE her for doing this for us.  She's going to come up and clean our floors and bathrooms every other week.  Since these two items are my major pain points in my house, this is going to solve all of our cleaning problems!  At least I think that it will.  I'm going to pay mom, because cleaning my house absolutely deserves payment.  She came up for the first time yesterday, and oh my goodness, I'm loving  this solution already!

For the record, I think that a cleaning schedule is a good plan.  I think that it can work, and I think eventually we'll give it another go, especially when mom decides she's sick of cleaning my house.  But for now, we've got a solution (THANKS MAMA) that works, and until we discover a couple more hours in our current 24, we'll stick with this!

Good luck to those who are giving the cleaning schedule a g (Gina!!)  I know that you can make it work!

Happy Hump Day Friends!

2 comments :

Shelli said...

Your mom is awesome!!! I struggle with cleaning my house big time. Just throw a party or gathering every few months and ti will stay clean. Haha

Gina Horkey said...

I totally subscribe to Shelli's strategy; that's why I host small group every two weeks!

That's great that she can clean & make a little extra $$; way to go on making it worth her time too!!

It's mainly working as Wade is doing most of it...when he does stuff it motivates me to do more though, so hopefully we can work off each other's positive energy!