7.15.2014

Accountability Huh? What? Who? Where?

Well, I guess I could say accountability flew out the door.  I should say that the entire post that I wrote on June 3rd flew out the door.  Why?  I have no idea.  Laziness, no motivation, and excuses are three reasons, although not good ones.  

Yes, Katy has been teething, yes work has been extremely busy, yes we had a vacation tucked in there somewhere, but honestly, there is zero reason for me not getting up and walking on the treadmill, eating better or making time for myself.  For some reason I seem to be just going through the motions of life right now.  I don’t know if I’m a little down in the dumps, or if it’s just a stage in my life right now, but for whatever reason, I’m just unmotivated to do anything other than spend time with my kids and watch tv or read. 

This really needs to stop.  What will it take for me to realize that I made life changes for the better once upon a time – and I can do it again? 

I have so many things I want to blog about to catch up on, I want to get back to some fitness level where I recognize myself, and I want to be happier in general.  I know these things can happen, I just have to find the motivation, so that is the key, finding the motivation.


There are times that I’ve thought I should just stop all of this blogging stuff, that it’s just one less thing to worry about, one less thing to have to keep up with, and one less thing in general.  But you know what?  I like that I can look back and see what’s been going on with my family.  I like that I can look up and see what Katy was doing at 5 months, what Cooper was doing at 2 years, etc.  I only wish I had continued blogging after I had Cooper and before he was a year old.   

I’ve thought about buying T25 or P90x3 or something similar, to give me SOMETHING, ANYTHING to do other than the treadmill.  I think that it would be something that the entire family (well minus Katy) could actually get into, and enjoy.  Cooper wouldn’t really be “doing” much, but I think he’d enjoy dancing around trying – and at only 25 minutes per day, surely we could keep up with that…..  Now to get Tim on board with that.  I think I’ll work on it. 

If you read this, I could use some encouragement to make some changes in my life that are for ME.  I’ve obviously talked and talked and talked about it, but it’s time for change.  I thought getting a new blog design may help with this, and well, I’m actually blogging so we’ll see.  Now to get moving on some other aspects of my life.  Because there is more to life that the TELEVISION once the kids go to bed, right?!?!




2 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

You keep coming back to it, which is good; it'll happen when you're finally READY! Blog as much or as little as you feel like it; who cares what you're "supposed to do." Both of us should get over that;-)

Gina Horkey said...

PS: I think you're wonderful just the way you are!!