8.23.2010

Monday Monday!

Well hello.... It's been awhile. I've been busy so no blogging time lately.


The last couple of weeks have been tough. Saturday August 14, Tim, Cooper and I had gone to the viewing for our co-worker and after, met up with a couple of Tim's friends that live in Cincy for lunch. While we were visiting with them, we got a phone call that Tim's stepmom had made a turn for the worse and she wasn't going to make it long. So, we, with the clothes on our backs made the journey to Northeastern Ohio. The weather along I-71 from Cincy to Columbus was treacherous. There were some big thunderstorms, but we finally made it.


Long story short, Carol passed at 11:50pm Saturday night. Tim, Cooper, and I had gotten a hotel room and THANK GOD hotels had pack-n-plays! Tim took Coop and me to the hotel around 9pm and got back to the hospital. It was a rough night, but we made it through, everyone slept pretty bad, but that was the least of our worries. Sunday morning we visited with Tim's dad and then headed home. We were going to get home to get clothes, Stephanie and Andrew and head back. We weren't sure with the funeral was going to be, and it turned out to be on Wednesday. So we thankfully had Monday to gather everything we needed for the next couple of days before packing up and heading back to Canton.


Cooper was such a trooper during the entire journey, that was a lot of sitting in a carseat for a little one. When we got home Wednesday night - we basically crashed before bed, didn't do much. Thursday through Sunday all we did was work, we didn't really do anything this weekend. We did run to the bread store and to Kroger for essentials, but other than that Cooper and I stayed home.


Andrew and Tim moved him into his dorm at IU yesterday. Last week Andrew moved his girlfriend, Sami, into her dorm at Ball State. She actually started classes today. Andrew is home tonight and heading to IU for the semester tomorrow. We will miss him, it will be strange not to have him around. He's been gone a lot this summer, but it will be different and so strange.


Stephanie starts school this week too. She's a SENIOR!!! She'll be 21 in less than a month, I cannot believe how fast time flies! Stephanie's boyfriend Ryan came with us to Ohio last week. He is so good to her. I'm happy for both of them.


Cooper is growing up so fast. He's getting another tooth, so he didn't sleep well the last couple of nights. I sure hope he sleeps better tonight. He is also developing quite a temper. That boy has really started getting upset if we take something away from him, and he even has begun hitting. He will take his little hands and scratch my face, Tim's face and it really hurts!! He's got the sharpest fingernails! I keep them pretty short, but it doesn't seem to help. Cooper tried some macaroni and cheese this weekend - he LOVED it! Here are a couple of pictures:



Tim and I have been busy just keeping up with life it seems. This weekend I did a lot of cooking, and Tim has a hurt foot, poor guy, so he wasn't able to do much of anything this weekend. He did a lot of icing and heating his foot so that he isn't stuck to the couch, although that sounds kinda good to me at times :) We did get to go swimming on Sunday which was nice. I'm hoping this week slows things down a bit.


This coming Friday night I've already got plans to take Cooper to my friend Shannon's house. (see her blog at growingupimel.blogspot.com) I haven't seen her for awhile and our friend Joni will be there too, I cannot wait! Then on Sunday, I'll be heading back to Shannon's for her Thirty-One gifts open house. Not sure what else is on the agenda for this weekend other than grocery shopping. I'm sure we'll fill it with something good!

No comments :